Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 15th, 2013 11:00

Laptop won't start

I was facing some problem with my old windows, whenever I used some internet browser (chrome) or vlc player my laptop would get extremely slow, even moving the mouse over the screen would take time. I was facing other virus issues as well, so i reinstalled my os, in the newer os also (windows 7 ultimate, which service pack i don't know) i started facing the same problem after an hour or two. Then a few days back my computer started to shut down giving me some blue screen and a error message on it 0x00003b or 2c i don't remember now, and suddenly the last night it went off and when I turned it back on it asked me to go for start up repair, but that didn't work and then i tried for lkgc, repair but nothing worked. And now my system won't even start. It stops at the very first screen (of dell inspiron) no matter what i press f8 or f12. And sometimes it won't even do that jjust a black screen. The last time before my system went off completely it popped me up that windows defender and my anti virus was turned off (which i didn't do). PLease help me with it, i can't risk my data.

November 16th, 2013 00:00

I followed the steps you wrote.

It gives me an error message-

Running MATS test

Testing 00_00109000h- 00_003FEFFFh (3032 KB) with 4CPU(s)

Test Result: System Error

Error Code: 2000-0123

Msg: Memory- Integrity test failed

What do I do next?

90 Posts

November 15th, 2013 13:00

I would try to get into ePSA by holding down the Fn key and hitting the power button, keep holding down the Fn key. But to me seems like your installation is messed up. Maybe so far as even a boot sector virus.

90 Posts

November 16th, 2013 10:00

That seems pretty bad, looks like it failed on memory check, if you have two memory sticks you can try having just one in at a time.

No Events found!