Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2015 09:00

Dell Laptop windows 8 / wireless headphones connecting prob

So I can "pair" my wireless headphones but can't "connect" them which won't allow me to listed to music from the laptop. 

When I go to Bluetooth operations I see the headphone and the audio headset located on the right side....when I click "connect" below this section.......it just spins and in turn wont allow me to listed to the headphones wirelessly via bluetoosth

thanks

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

March 5th, 2015 16:00

Since the headset is being seen by Windows I would have to say that the Bluetooth element was working, otherwise how did Windows know about the headset.

After connecting the headset right click on the  speaker icon on the taskbar and choose playback devices. Is the headset listed there?  If so make sure that it is listed as the default device.  Click the configure button and follow the on screen prompts and see if the headset starts working.

If the headset has a microphone you may wish to check recording devices as well and verify that the microphone is working.  You will need to make sure that it is listed as the default device as well under recording devices.

If the headset doesn't show at all on either recording or playback devices then it may not be connecting correctly.  This is a fairly simple guide but may prove helpful.

Please let me know what you find out.

TB

No Events found!