Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2014 21:00

Dell 3521 Plugged in not charging

hello everyone,

today i see when i was charging my battery so it suddenly says plugged in not charging so i remove and again put my charger after some time again same problem so i restarted again same problem then i update the bios again same problem but the problem is that the battery cannot increase more than 66% if it is 60% it will charge to 66% then it will not go on it is stuck on 66% any solution please 

Ac adapter is real came with the dell im using from 1 year dont know its very strange kind of problem it charge but stop at 66% and when it is charging the charging light sometimes on and off dont know and at 66% it will be off and after 5 to 6 mins it will say plugged in not charging

14 Posts

hi

first

1.check u AC adapter

2.AC adapter orignal or?

3.try other AC adapter

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 3rd, 2014 04:00

Check the UEFI setup (F2 at  powerup). Is the AC adapter listed or showing as "unknown"?

April 3rd, 2014 14:00

AC adpater is showing 90w there and battery life is working normally thats in the startup

9 Posts

July 13th, 2014 00:00

Follow the below actions and if this works where your battery does charge then all is fine you are protecting your battery from excessive charge recharge when plugged in for longer periods of time. If no charge occurs then we have a similar problem that a tech needs to answer. I have not tried disconnecting as you have nor used my system Microsoft Windows 8.1 version 6.3 (build 9600) @copyright 2013 Microsoft Corporation on Inspiron 15 3521 for period of time in battery mode not plugged in for longer periods of time and then check for charging. Have you? Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\ click\power options\ click\dell extended battery life options\ click\desktop mode\ check\disable\ click\apply\ switch\status\ switch\desktop mode\ check\enable(recommended)\ click\apply\ click\charge battery to 100% one time\ click\apply\ click\ok check battery status now

14 Posts

July 13th, 2014 01:00

Dear...

I just want to know later bit someting

1.Please run diagnostic if any error come out please noted

2.Please check status battery in BIOS what status : for example Idle,excellent, need to replace or something like that

conclusion : if u show battery status is Idle, or broken, end of life health, make sure already broken that Battery : need to replace and if still warranty you battery no problem ti claim under warranty with DELL, if OOW u need buy u self

Thanks..

1 Message

July 16th, 2015 23:00

hello everyone,

today i see when i was charging my battery so it suddenly says plugged in not charging so i remove and again put my charger after some time again same problem so i restarted again same problem then i update the bios again same problem but the problem is that the battery cannot increase more than 66% if it is 60% it will charge to 66% then it will not go on it is stuck on 66% any solution please 

No Events found!