Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 16th, 2013 23:00

Cannot find bitlocker on my laptop

XPS just bought, came with Windows 8. I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro which I purchased from Dell (I just finished upgrading).  I cannot find bitlocker anywhere; search for bitlocker reveals nothing.  TPM is enabled and active.  Version info on my computer says just windows 8 and not win 8 pro, even though I just completed upgrade....is this telling me something?

How can I find bitlocker, did my laptop even take Win 8 pro successfully - how can I verify this?

Doug

31 Posts

March 19th, 2013 17:00

Solution (with Dell helpdesk assistance): Load the Windows 8 Pro disk. But, after that, I had to go to Computer properties and click "get more features with a new edition of windows."

Seems strange, but then windows initiates the installation of windows 8 pro.  All is well.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 17th, 2013 04:00

Doesn't sound like you have Windows 8 Pro.  Did you do the "Anytime upgrade"?  You would have needed a new 8Pro license key to do the upgrade.

31 Posts

March 18th, 2013 18:00

I upgraded from a boxed windows 8 pro I bought and had delivered; it came with key just for the 8 pro upgrade.  I may need to call Dell to find out what is happening; I also suspect I don't have windows 8 pro, although the box is windows 8 pro.

No Events found!