Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2015 17:00

Bluetooth Headset connected to laptop but no sound

I just received a brand new XPS 13, and so far everything is great, except my Motorola S305 Bluetooth headphones don't have any sound. The machine detected and paired with it fine.  The headphones have two modes, hands-free and stereo. The hands-free mode works fine, but the sound quality is terrible. When set to stereo(the one I've used in the past), no sound comes out. I also noticed when I try to adjust the volume the green bars indicating sound being played appear to be frozen.

My drivers are up to date and the headphones work fine with my cell phone. I'm on Windows 10. Any advice? Thanks!

2 Posts

August 14th, 2015 11:00

Found a solution: Go to Device Manager ->Bluetooth-> Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator. Disable it, restart your computer, and then reenable it.

1 Message

November 26th, 2015 16:00

THANK YOU! This has been bugging me for weeks. It worked for like 2 months and then all of a sudden stopped working. I'm running Windows 10 with a Sony MDR-XB950BT and experienced the exact symptoms you described. I disabled Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator and bingo! Working. Thank you for following up your post with the resolution.

1 Message

November 20th, 2016 21:00

Work 100% in Linux Mint like a Headphones Bluetooth ;)

Sony XB950BT only support Linux (Android, and distros PC)

No Events found!