Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 8th, 2015 21:00

Backlit keyboard not working

Just got my Inspiron 5748.  Requested a backlit keyboard.  Didn't get one even though i was told i had to buy the 17" in order to get the backlit keyboard.  I also requested Microsoft Word which is not installed. I guess that i have to download the software from the internet which i do not have access to on a regular basis.  I am not sure why it is assumed that everyone has access to the internet.  I do not on a regular basis.  Not a happy first time Dell customer.

'

5 Posts

January 13th, 2015 23:00

Well, i was told it was my fault i didn't get the computer i wanted, the software i wanted loaded on the computer was not loaded...i had to go online to download it...that may be the standard way of doing things but that was not what i asked for nor was i told i would have to go online to retrieve the software.  Had i been told that i would have explained the difficulty that was going to cause me.  After several phone calls i agreed to accept a $100 credit to my account in exchange for keeping the computer.  Had i felt like i had another choice, had i not needed a computer immediately,i would not have done so and i would have sent it back.  As it stands i am now stuck with a computer that is going to be a daily source of frustration for me.  At this point, I do not intend to do business with Dell again.  I also will do everything i can to ensure that the company i work for never does business with Dell.  

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 8th, 2015 23:00

Hi 50msns,

The Dell Inspiron 17 5748 is shipped with a Chiclet style keyboard. Customers can choose whether they prefer a backlit keyboard during purchasing the system. Please private message the system service tag so that I can check the system configuration and let you know if it’s a backlit or normal keyboard. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

No Events found!