Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 31st, 2022 08:00

Cant access security center in Windows 11 Pro

Dell 7706 2in1 Removed MacAfee antivirus (as I wanted to use Windows Defender exclusively) and well it shows all is working well I cannot access security center in Windows 11 Pro 64 bit either from the taskbar or from settings.  Was thinking of turning it off and on from the command prompt  yet not sure that is the best answer.  Please advise.

26 Posts

June 2nd, 2022 10:00

Reset worked have all my files McAfee is gone and Windows Defender is gone and now to get the latest updated and reload all the apps I used to have.  Sad day for Dell Support yet I have removed all Dell programs from the computer.  This App reload and set up will only cost me about 3 hours so little harm and little foul.  Thank you for all that suggested items sad I got down to my last resort.

7 Technologist

• 

12.1K Posts

May 31st, 2022 08:00

This has been a reoccurring problem in Windows 11. This MS forum page should help. Just remember to follow the steps especially running Powershell with admin rights.

26 Posts

June 1st, 2022 10:00

Tried all that before I posted, no change.

26 Posts

Also tried 

Scannow 

DISM

• 

25.4K Posts

Hi there !

I’m Shivam from the Dell Social Media team. I understand that you're facing an issue with the windows defender. Please be assured that I will look into this for you.

Before we proceed, I have a few questions to understand the issue better:

1. How long have you been facing the issue?

2. Is it only happening on windows 11 did you try to rollback to windows 10 to check 

3. Could you please check if the windows is u[dated and if there any pending updates that needs to be updated? 

Note: The system have a basic support warranty we will try our best efforts to get it fixed for you however if there are any issues related to the software then we may have to refer you to the software paid support team. 

26 Posts

June 1st, 2022 11:00

Pretty sure Microsoft Community can help as well yet since the computer is less than a year old I thought I would check with Dell first.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

There could remnants of McAfee still on the computer that is blocking Defender. 

try using the tool from McAfee. McAfee KB - How to remove McAfee products from a PC that runs Windows (TS101331)

26 Posts

Since I removed MacAfee and wanted to get into Windows Defender to be sure all was working correctly.  I upgraded to Windows 11 when Microsoft said my computer was readily.  No interest in the paid software team I will do a complete ISO restart and remove all Dell products from my computer.   I just thought I might be able to avoid that.  I have had to do this in Windows 10 in my other computers more than once.

7 Technologist

• 

12.1K Posts

June 1st, 2022 12:00

@Mary G has a point and some web pages also suggest making sure all 3rd party antivirus remnants are cleaned off the system. And you can try this page at MakeUseof.

26 Posts

June 2nd, 2022 09:00

Mary thank you I tried all that before and never noticed the problem until I removed Macafee using the control panel.  Then I tried to get into windows security center and the App does does not show up in apps or control panel.  Goring for a reset.

26 Posts

June 2nd, 2022 09:00

Step after that is to do a clean install of windows 11 from the Windows 11 ISO page yet they have made it harder you have to make a DVD or a USB to do it now.  Hoping the reset will work

No Events found!