Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

2 Posts

October 17th, 2019 00:00

Automatic scroll down on dell laptop

To solve this automatic scroll problem  I tried everything possible solutions by searching from Google .mouse driver  update or keyboard  driver update and uninstall ,an restart computer .I am in trouble, I have alot of Project  pending of my college and office . please help with .

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

October 17th, 2019 05:00

It would help to identify the specific system model you have as well as the version of Windows you're running, but if you're on Windows 10, try going to Start > Settings > Devices > Touchpad and clicking "Additional settings" in the upper-right corner.  If you see a new window appear, there might be a link called "Click to change Dell Touchpad settings".  If so, click that and look through the scrolling options there.  If you still don't see what you're looking for, then it's probably not supported by the native drivers, in which case you might need to find a third-party utility that does what you want, although I'm not sure exactly what that is.  What is this "automatic scroll" feature you're envisioning?  How would your PC automatically know when you wanted to scroll?

January 26th, 2023 08:00

Yeah, dude you're not understanding the reality of the problem. You can navigate to "Touchpad" but unless the option you're looking for is at the dead bottom of the page, you can't click on anything.

January 31st, 2023 10:00

Ahhhh, I solved my OWN problem with this. Restarting and hard shutting down didn't help at all, and all the keys were clean, the touchpad was clean. What fixed it was removing it from the house. Once it was completely disconnected from my home's WiFi, the problem went away. Even reconnected now, the problem has not reoccurred. 

No Events found!