Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

June 10th, 2015 16:00

virtual memory low

I just got a replacement desktop Inspiron 3647.  It has a 8 GB RAMS, 1 TB HDD, not sure on the video card I know it a onboard Intel 4600, PROCESSOR, HSW, I5-4460S, 2.9, 65W, LGA and window 8.  I just did one update from windows that had about 20 different total with the update.   Also install my McAfee last night.  Did some reading on the video card.  Hardware support could not fix my another desktop so they send me this one and I will send the another back.  I could not buy more warrantee for the old one because it just hit five years after it broke down.  Broke down two week before hand and tech support tried to fix it but could not.  Before they send me this last week they said I will not have any warrantee for it.  I know sometimes people get a error saying that the virtual memory is low.  I know at one time all my computer has got that error.  Normally I could call for help but no support with this one.  Should I change the virtual memory setting?  Total paging file size  is set at 1920 MB should I change it higher and what to I change it to?\

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

June 10th, 2015 21:00

Edited due to duplicate post.

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

June 10th, 2015 21:00

myssyssyppymud

Try changing the paging file to 'System Manage Size' and if this makes a difference.

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-8/fix-low-virtual-memory-on-windows-8.html

Bev.

No Events found!