Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 9th, 2004 15:00

Why won't my old polk audio speakers work on my new system?

Hello. I just got my Dell 4600 P4  a couple weeks ago. I have the 1703 FP monitor and it has the sound bar. What I am trying to do is add more sound by adding the speakers that were on my old computer, to this computer however, they do not seem to be working. Is it because they are too outdated for the new system or could it be that I need to do something else besides just plugging them in? Do I need to download a driver for the old speakers? I do not have any paperwork or documentation for these older speakers to go by. Thank you.

516 Posts

February 10th, 2004 18:00

nucleusgirl,

It may be that the connections are not active. If these speakers have software you should make sure that it is set to connect to all speakers attached.

204 Posts

February 10th, 2004 20:00

Thank you Mad thinker! Unfortunately I have no documentation OR software for these speakers.

516 Posts

February 14th, 2004 06:00

Have you checked in the soundcard properties for settings for the use of the speakers attached to the system? You may want to check the Dell download site for drivers or the manufacturer of the speakers and any other components that you need drivers for.
No Events found!