Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

May 26th, 2001 11:00

Juno

Hi,
I have Dimension 4100....
I have a CD-RW, I haven't used it yet....
Could I make a copy of a Juno CD to get on the Internet? (Free Program)
If I can, please give me some pointers. Is it difficult to make CD copies?

3.4K Posts

May 26th, 2001 14:00

Edna,

Yes, you can copy the Juno CD.
Yes, it's easy to make CD copies.

What software are you using to copy the CD's?

EdnaM wrote:
- Hi,
- I have Dimension 4100....
- I have a CD-RW, I haven't used it yet....
- Could I make a copy of a Juno CD to get on the
- Internet? (Free Program)
- If I can, please give me some pointers. Is it
- difficult to make CD copies?
-
- Edna

Mis Dos Centavos,
Darrell

Choose from the complete list of FREE providers.

Complete FDISK and Format instructions.

My Dell T@lk help site. Computer help links, and a complete list of FREE Internet Service Providers.

18.8K Posts

May 26th, 2001 14:00

EdnaM,

Juno is at best a fairly lame excuse for free Internet access, but it has recently become somewhat threatening to users. Please carefully read this article before you get involved with Juno.

http://www.remedy.fi/> name=hred value=90>

Want to make a hyperlink in your post, want to add a graphic or sound file, need to troubleshoot a non-working Java applet, want to build an attractive signature? These capabilities can be yours if you visit Denny's DellT@lk Tutorials.
For help in deciding what can be eliminated from your Startup list, take a look here.
Want to get rid of Network Neighborhood, change your Registered Owner name? Check out the little utilities at Delltalk Tweekz.
Ready to sign up for Web server space? Want to learn FTP? Visit Web Presence for Beginners.

557 Posts

May 26th, 2001 17:00

Denny,
Thanks you so much for that information.....
I WAS going to make a copy for my son to have in N.C......But I don't think he needs that sort of "Free Internet"........

22 Posts

May 27th, 2001 05:00

I can't stand Juno---hate it absolutely...it forces you to use its software, takes forever to get your mail because you are actually downloading heaps of ads to your hard drive. There is a way to delete them manually, but honestly....

it is a $20 per month well spend to get yourself a reliable internet service provider (ISP), and set up your own dialup networking (DUN)....forget the ISP software...it will just bog down the system. Most ISP's will provide you with the info you need to configure DUN, or you can check the boards here at DellTalk.

Good luck....and maybe check the help files of your CD-RW software (if you have Adaptec Easy CD Creator, it is just that---easy--drag files to copy, click red button)

Susan

265 Posts

May 27th, 2001 16:00

I am the same as woodspring. Juno is terrable. Used to be good, but they have gone into a deep, dark hole. I have bellsouth and was a pain in the rear end at first, but it is pretty good now. DOn't have any trouble. I likle using the DUN so i don't have to use the software like woodspring said.

-Dell Dimension L500cx
-Windows ME
-BIOS A12
-500Mhz Celeron Processer
-66MHz Bus Clock
-30GB Ultra ATA Harddrive (7200RPM)
-192MB SDRAM
-E770 Monitor/17in.
-12x DVD ROM
-Altec Lansing ACS-340 Speakers with Subwoofer
-MDP3880-W/56k Modem
-MS Office 2000
-Norton AntiVirus 2000
-Intel 3D AGP Graphics
-Sound Blaster 64V PCI Sound Card
-UMAX Astra 2100U
-HP DeskJet 680C
-HP DiskJet 693C

557 Posts

May 27th, 2001 20:00

Hi,
I am not sure if I am answering the question right.....Remember I haven't used the CD-RW yet....
I noticed I have a CD Creator 4 in my Program listing.....Is that the software? Is it easy to do? By the way I am not going to do the Juno....After what some of the others have said about Juno, I am staying away from that one.....

3.4K Posts

May 27th, 2001 21:00

Yes,

CD 4 Creator is the software you would/could use for CD-RW.
I don't use that software myself, but others find it easy to use. Just start the program and learn as you go. I'm certain that if you have questions the help files in the program will help. Or you could always go the the makers web site for FAQs and other help.

You should be able to find CD-R disks in the less than $0.50 range. I found some on sale for 14cents each that work without any problems. At those prices you can make a few coasters, (mistakes) until you learn your way around the CD-RW and not lose too much cash.

Mis Dos Centavos,
Darrell

Choose from the complete list of FREE providers.

Complete FDISK and Format instructions.

My Dell T@lk help site. Computer help links, and a complete list of FREE Internet Service Providers.

Message Edited on 05/27/01 03:57PM by Thereal-dbk4297
No Events found!