Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 24th, 2016 12:00

Easel stand is awful. Alternatives?

I have a dell inspiron 24 3000 series. It is a great computer but I absolutely hate that it has the easel stand. If I want to angle down the webcam I have to compromise the stability of the computer by adjusting the easel. 

Is it possible to buy a different stand to attach to the back of it to make it more like the iMac? It would also be a good way to save some space on my desk. 

thanks!

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

April 25th, 2016 10:00

You will need to remove the stand off of the back cover by removing the two screws. Then, you could install any VESA wall or desk mount. If I knew your exact model (there are several Inspiron 24 3000), I could send you a link to the Service Manual.

April 25th, 2016 21:00

Okay, thanks! Are there different measurements for different vesa mounts or is it pretty standardized. I just want to make sure my screws line up.

The model is 3455 if that matters

46 Posts

April 25th, 2016 23:00

Imho, get an ergotron mount.  I've used them for many years - at work and at home.

Do a Google search for:
Ergotron Mount Quick Finder by Display Model

Or, a direct link:

https://www.ergotron.com/tabid/387/language/en-US/Default.aspx

From what I saw, they have a lot of models, including a good compact display stand for an All-In-One.  Do a Google search on the model number.  Amazon carries most of their models.

Good Luck!

No Events found!