Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 1st, 2012 18:00

Computer stuck entering sleep mode

Hello fellow Dell users,

I have posted on this forum before about the same issue regarding my Dell Inspiron 545 running Windows Vista 2007.  The problem is when I try to get my computer to enter sleep mode, the monitor says it enters power save mode but the computer itself is still active.  When this occurs, I cannot get the monitor to become active again and am forced to perform a manual shut down.  I downloaded a hotfix from microsoft that I thought cleared up the problem, but it began occuring with more and more frequency to the point where I cannot allow my computer to enter sleep mode at all.  I also updated the drivers for my monitor and other various things thinking that could be it, but my computer still has the same problem.  I am thoroughly stumped on this one, seeing as I can't find a single case other than my own where this is happening.  Any and all advice is greatly appreciated and I hope to hear back from someone soon.

June 1st, 2012 19:00

Hi  Alan24,

Welcome to the community,

Have you tried to update the BIOS, Video Card Driver and the Chipset Driver from the support.dell.com

Also please change the power plan to a different one, or reset the power plan settings to default.

Let me know of the findings, Glad to be of assistance.

Pankaj_Sharma

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

7 Posts

June 2nd, 2012 13:00

Hello,

Thank you for your advice.  I looked into it and I had neglected to update many of the drivers in my computer.  Also, the drivers that I had updated weren't installed properly, so I believe my problem is solved.  I've been able to bring it in and out of sleep mode without incident.  Thanks again for the help, and I think this case is closed.

No Events found!