Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 16th, 2013 18:00

Horrible Dell Financial Services issue!

I called in December to get the pay off amount on my computer. The man on the phone told me the amount that it would take to pay off the computer. I asked several times if that information was correct, trying to make for certain that the amount he told was right to ensure I would not have to pay anything else and I would be done with my payments. He assured me that after that transaction that would be the end of it. After reviewing my credit report recently, I noticed Dell had reported me owing them almost $300. I called them tonight, 1/16/12, at around 7 to ask about the report to my credit. The person I spoke with informed me that I still owe them over $300. When I explained what the other man had told me about paying off my account in December, she just told me that what he had informed of me was wrong, that I do indeed owe, and I need to make a payment. I then asked to be transferred to a manager. The manager was completely rude and did not in the slightest bit care about the my problem. After telling him again and again that this was not right, all he had to say was that I stilled owed and I needed to make a my payment and keep my account current, then HE HUNG UP ON ME! To Dell, is this really the type of service you want your customers to experience? Is this really the impression you want to leave?

I was told that I had payed off my computer, then was informed that I still owe money! None of the people I talked with on the phone tonight, or any other time I have ever called as a matter of fact, were in any way helpful or caring of my issue. Not to mention the fact that my credit is now being messed up over THEIR mistake! Dell has the absolute WORST customer service I have EVER experienced, not to mention the way they run their company is HORRIBLE!! I am completely disappointed and will NEVER do business with them again!

January 19th, 2013 14:00

Dell Financial Services is nothing but a scam! They told me my account was paid off then all of sudden I owed them $300!

2.3K Posts

January 19th, 2013 16:00

First off, Dell Financial Services is not Dell, its a bank out of Utah? that uses Dell's name.  2nd, you need to contact DELL-Cares in PRIVATE message and give them the information requested so they can help you get the situation fixed.  It is possible the person you spoke with on the phone was mistaken and she can probably figure it out, but if you still owe 300 bucks you'll have to pay it unfortunetly.  What I would do is call DFS and ask for a breakdown of your account be mailed to you so you can look at all the charges and payments to make sure they posted everything correctly. 

January 19th, 2013 16:00

First off, Dell Financial Services IS Dell obviously. It has to do with the same company. 2nd, I have had noting but problems out of Dell/Dell Financial Services and the person I spoke with on the phone was rude, uncaring, and hung up on me. I DO NOT OWE anything else because THEY messed up, not me. I am not calling these people anymore because it is just a waste of time. I have called too many times already.

2.3K Posts

January 19th, 2013 17:00

Dell Financial Services is WebBank out of Utah/Nevada and not Dell Computer Corp, just like Walmart Cards are either Discover Card or GE Retail Bank, etc.  2nd, I read both of your posts and gave you information in which you needed to get resolved.  It is up to you to do it or not. 

January 19th, 2013 18:00

Dell Financial Services represents Dell Inc.! So, yes it is the same. For the 2nd time, I have already called. What they did to me was WRONG and UNFAIR. This mistake is on their end, and I am taking the necessary action to get it resolved. 

2.3K Posts

Good luck with that.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Wickedred18,

Please read, Dell Financial Services FAQ and contact Dell Financial Services

Rick

Community Manager

• 

54.7K Posts

January 20th, 2013 11:00

Wickedred18,

Contact DELL-Cares via a Private Message. This way your information will not be on the public facing Forum. Do not post multiple threads discussing the same issue.

No Events found!