Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 12th, 2017 22:00

Graphics amplifier, oculus rift and GTX 1070 card problem

Hi,

Recently bought a whole lot of gear at once. ASUS 1070 graphics card, plugged into graphics amplifier for my R17 laptop, and oculus rift. The rift headset and sensor are plugged into the amplifier (uses 2x USB and 1x HDMI). The Rift works for the demos, but when I downloaded the 'Oculus video' app in order to watch 360 spherical videos, hit a snag. I get this error message:

Multi GPU Luid Mismatch
This application requires the oculus rift be plugged into the primary video adapter. Please plug your Rift into the other HDMI port, or switch your primary monitor to be the one connected to the same video adapter as your Rift

From reading some other forums, I get the idea that if I plug a seconf screen into the 1070 card on the amplifier I may fix the problem, but I don't have a second screen and I think there must be a better way around this. I have tried moving the rift to the other HDMI plug on the 1070 card, and to the laptop itself, no luck. Is it possible to 'switch your primary monitor (in this case my laptop) to be the one connected to the same video adapter as the rift' with the setup I have? Any help appreciated. I'm a bit of noob with all this gear...

2 Posts

January 14th, 2017 21:00

Anyone able to help here? Really struggling to make any headway on this...

No Events found!