Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2014 07:00

Alienware tactx keyboard KG900 key stuck/frozen/stops working

Hello,

I bought myself an alienware keyboard. Was really excited about the looks of it and all. But the problems with it started right away after i plugged it in. It randomly stucks a key or stops working at all. only way to fix it so far is to unplug it from usb port and plug it back in and then it works again for some time.

i noticed that there was someone else as well who had the same problem while playing LoL. But for me it does this freeze/key stuck thing everywhere(Playing or typing in internet, etc)

I have investigated this problem for a while and also Logitech G110 keyboard users are experiencing same problem.

i have tried reinstalling the driver for the keyboard... no success so far

Drivers that i installled:
(http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=YV7PN&osCode=W764&fileId=3082834167&languageCode=en&categoryId=IN)

my system is alienware M18x R1 running on windows 8.1

1.8K Posts

July 24th, 2014 15:00

Hi! 

Can you test the keyboard on other USB ports and if possible, try the keyboard on a different computer?

If the problem persists, send me a private message with your keyboard's order number and the Service Tag for your Alienware so I can assist you further. 

4 Posts

September 19th, 2014 21:00

I'm having this exact same problem with my keyboard. Just got it this week. 

Happens everyday. At least once a day. Although occurring more frequently now. 

Only way to fix it is unplug and and plug back in. Actually JUST happened again as I was typing this message. Ugh.

I am also using the same keyboard as the OP. 

Running windows 8.1 on an Alienware 51x

Ironic thing is it only happens when I'm gaming ( ffxiv to be exact ). Funny huh? Gaming system and keyboard can't handle gaming.. lol...

A fix would be lovely.

Keyboard works great on other systems. Just the Alienware x51. Shooouldn't these two be compatible? 

Edit: Attempting to run the game without Steam to see if it helps.

4 Posts

September 20th, 2014 07:00

Doing it now rather consistently even outside gaming.

Just going to contact support to return this keyboard. Not even going to replace it with a different one. Going to get something more reliable. 

Just makes me sad because I LOVE this keyboard.

4 Posts

September 24th, 2014 14:00

Still curious if there is a fix for this as I wait for a reply on a return from Dell.

December 19th, 2014 17:00

I have had my alienware computer for a year, as well as the TactX keyboard.  It's doing quite similar to what others are saying.  I'll be typing in a game or the internet (it did it while typing this) and a key at random will act like it's stuck (have had the backspace key).  Unplugging and plugging back in works for awhile. I've had to re plug in the keyboard sometimes to be able to adjust the volume for most of this year as well. I have tried different usb ports.  I deleted the "alienware tactx" drivers, and let it work as just a regular keyboard, but it is still doing the same thing. I updated to win 8.1 within the last couple weeks.   I've had a number of random small issues since then, as well as a bigger one than this even.  Just putting this information out, and checking these forums in case there's something I can do.  This keyboard does rock, was well worth the $75 over the last year's use.  I'd buy another if I knew it'd work fine and not be some other kind of issue.  - Thanks

1 Message

September 19th, 2016 09:00

Same problem... when i restart my pc my keyboard is unresponsive. 50% of the time. Seems to be happening a lot

2 Posts

September 19th, 2016 10:00

Well, after my Alienware came back from warranty repairs (motherboard got replaced). The problem is gone, so my conclusion is that the problem was in hardware. But after warranty repairs i needed to reinstall Alienware AlienFX and perhaps i got newer BIOS at warranty repairs as well... So those who still have this problem, you could try one of those, before blaming it on the hardware.

No Events found!