Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2014 10:00

AlienFX lights on the monitor not working. Help!

First off I don't know if this was the correct placement of this topic. The overall set-up to the forums is rather confusing for me...

Regardless, if you read this and know a solution or have the same problem collaboration would be very helpful.

I have the Alien ware 17. It works perfectly on every aspect except the lights on the monitor side of the PC do not function. The keyboard lights work as well as the lower sides, but to be precise it's zones 10 and 7. 

When I originally got the PC all of the lights were working, but over time these ones started fading out, and now don't work at all.

Things I've tried:

-Re-installing Alien ware Command Center

-going into dark mode then back into light mode.

-Turning them dim, then turning the on full

-Restarting PC several times.

-updating all software and programs

-remaking command center settings.

None of these works, which makes me think it had something to do with the wiring in the top side of the PC. Any help would be awesome.

1.8K Posts

June 17th, 2014 14:00

Hi!

Follow the list of troubleshooting steps on this article. Make sure you re-install the Command Center and .Net Framework in the same order specified in Solution#2.

If issue persists, send me a private message with your Service Tag, contact information and link to this thread so I can assist you further. 

No Events found!