Start a Conversation

Unsolved

U

13 Posts

May 5th, 2020 12:00

AW510H Mic Echoing

I have a problem with my AW510H headset, the microphone constantly echo's and I have tried literally everything. I've reinstalled drivers, tried the audio jacks instead of the usb, fiddled with the microphone settings in AWCC, moving the mic in different positions away from my mouth, switching the audio channels in sound mixer, i've even followed the step by step setup guide perfectly. Still constantly echoing to the point where my friends get annoyed about it ON DISCORD, even though the device is specifically "made for discord"

I just bought this headset too and none of the reviews mentioned this problem so i'm very confused.

again, i've read countless reviews that not only are they not having this problem, but the mic sounds "crystal clear" and they got no complaints from other people. I have met only one other person with this issue on the official Alienware discord, they as well have no solutions and have the exact same issue's as me whether she's streaming, talking in a game, or even yes. On Discord. It's almost like this headset  cancels audio from others but transmits your own ingame/discord audio as mic audio. I hope this has an easy solution as I would not like to make dell risk more lives just to send a replacement so if anyone has had this issue PLEASE respond.

13 Posts

May 6th, 2020 06:00

11 Posts

May 6th, 2020 21:00

having the same issue, all my friends are complaining that they can hear themselves echo when my mic is unmuted???

13 Posts

May 7th, 2020 06:00

Same, talked to dell support and they eventually just told me to send the pair back and they would send me a new pair. This is just very disappointing for a product advertised with a discord certified crystal clear microphone, and if this pair doesn't work then i'll probably just ask for a refund. Not to mention literally everything I use with my computer is alienware so it's not a compatibility issue. I think it's sad how razer headphones that were only $20 more worked better than alienware headphones on an alienware pc.

1 Rookie

• 

676 Posts

May 7th, 2020 08:00

I may see if the Reddit Alienware forum might have an answer to this.... it's got to be a setting that can be disabled somewhere in the program. I have had my R9 for 3 months now and I just noticed the echoing last weekend. 

1 Rookie

• 

676 Posts

May 7th, 2020 08:00

Oh wow I actually noticed the echoing mic sound also on my aw510H, I maybe thought it was just a setting I haven't figured out yet. I havent got on any discord and SRS yet on DCS sim game because of the echo thing... so they said it was a defected? really?

11 Posts

May 7th, 2020 09:00

I have search everywhere to find a solution to this and cannot find one. Some people in amazon reviews have mentioned the echo for both models AW310H and AW510H. I don't want to return them because it took 2 weeks to get them, this such a basic issue.

Reviewed in the United States on January 9, 2020

it is a good headset as i am on xbox but it echos and when a friend is talking they can hear themself through the headset 1 star

It echoes 

Reviewed in the United States on April 11, 2020

Some guy in our party has this mic and it makes everyone else want to kill themselves. It's absolutely terrible. We can hear his game and our echo 24/7. Don't buy if you party with other ppl

13 Posts

May 7th, 2020 10:00

They didn't straight out say it was defective, however after 2 hours of trying to figure out the problem they just assumed the pair was and are sending me a new pair

13 Posts

Same, I searched forms, reviews all of it at came up with nothing. I'm pretty sure this is the first post about it.

13 Posts

Thank you, lmk if you find anything!

1 Rookie

• 

676 Posts

May 7th, 2020 11:00

Yup ... I totally understand about sending it back and waiting on the 2 week-ish thing. I also ordered the Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas with my R9 and other items and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered.... its been over 3 months now and still waiting. 3 months !!!! 

If I have to send it back I will probably get a refund. It's a great headset but it looks like it will be a problem down the line. Also if anyone is using a Tracker IR 5 and the proclip "Head tracking device"... It will not go around the AW510H head band cause its to thick. Anywho, I'll also do some research when I can get some time. 

Take Care.

1 Rookie

• 

676 Posts

Ok lets see what happens here, if anyone has any info of this issue. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Alienware/comments/gfchnt/alienware_aw510h_gaming_headset/

11 Posts

nice, we cannot be the only ones with this issue lol

11 Posts

May 7th, 2020 12:00

Reading the reddit maybe we got some duds? Getting another headset on Wednesday from Amazon, hopefully new ones work better.

1 Rookie

• 

676 Posts

May 7th, 2020 13:00

Yikes certainly looking like it. May have got a builder that had a terrible hangover that morning.

13 Posts

May 7th, 2020 13:00

The fact that it is a manufacturing error is very plausible given the current world condition and the fact that everyone i've seen report this has ordered roughly within the last 4 months. I really hope a mod or someone with inside production knowledge can shed some light on this issue and get us all working pair's. Thanks for the collective help and research though guys, let's hope we can solve this issue together!

No Events found!