Unsolved

Y

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

July 22nd, 2024 15:14

Unable to install Windows 10 and Intel rapid storage driver

Hello,

I'm still unable to install windows 10 on a dell latitude 7400 I built a USB boot disk and have drivers on a second USB. I boot up, start the installation and I get to the installation part, but I get a prompt for drivers. I select the drivers usb, I navigate who the f6flpy-x64 directory and and it shows the SATA driver, I click next, and it cycles through several green bars (they never seem to reach the end of the bar though before restarting) , and then basically prompts:

No new device drivers were found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers and the click ok.

I downloaded the drivers directly from the dell site, so they're correct.

There doesn't even seem to be anyway to even contact a genuine MS employee these days, unless someone has a different number. They all point to their help.support.com nite which is totally useless.

5 Practitioner

• 

5.9K Posts

July 23rd, 2024 11:52

For the driver, verify if you have downloaded and extracted this Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Driver_62C56_WIN64_17.9.6.1019_A04_03.EXE to the driver USB.  If that is the same driver but was giving you the issue, just simply select to load driver again (repeat the process).

Alternatively, if you are not required to use RAID, just simply access BIOS settings and change the SATA operation mode to AHCI prior to running Windows installation.

No Events found!