Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 22nd, 2018 14:00

XPS 15-9570, Headset mic not working

The audio on my headset works fine, but the mic is defaulting to the mic on the laptop instead of the one on my headset. I've tried reinstalling the Realtek audio driver, but it didn't help, and the headset mic isn't showing up in disabled devices. The headset has a combo jack, so it's not a splitter cable issue.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 23rd, 2018 18:00

@crystaleaf wrote:

I'm not sure how to select the headset with Waves?

When you plug in a headset you should see a popup window asking what was plugged in.  Since you do not see it, perhaps the device has not be designated as having a microphone.

Since the microphone is not always plugged in, the system may not read the device as having a microphone.  If it is listed in installed devices, you might try uninstalling it and let it find the device again.

You may see an icon on the taskbar hidden icons.  From there you should be able to open MaxxPro and select the correct device.

If you do not see the Waves icon you might look at the app listing on the start menu and open it there.  Try selecting a Headset and not a Headphone.

Community Manager

• 

55.1K Posts

October 23rd, 2018 07:00

* What specific make/model headset/mic?
* How is it connected to the XPS 15-9570?
* When connected, right click the speaker icon on the right taskbar
* Click Recording devices. What do you see there?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 23rd, 2018 07:00

If you look at Settings-System-Sound, does the mic show as an available option under Input?

When you select the headset with Waves, what type of device are you selecting? 

Is this situation related to any specific app?  Win 10 does have options to set specific configurations for some apps.

October 23rd, 2018 10:00

It's a HyperX Cloud headset. It's connected to the combo headphone/mic jack on the laptop. In Recording devices, the only devices that show up are the default mic and Stereo Mix. I have it so I can view disabled devices, I can't see the mic for the headset.

October 23rd, 2018 10:00

It doesn't show as an available option under Input. I'm not sure how to select the headset with Waves? It doesn't seem to be app specific, I can't use the mic in any app that it should work with, it only registers the default mic that's built in to the laptop.

October 23rd, 2018 12:00

I have the original Cloud headset, not the Cloud II. Sorry for the confusion.

Community Manager

• 

55.1K Posts

October 23rd, 2018 12:00

Many hits for "hyperx cloud headset mic not working". I watched the 3rd video. It mentions a firmware update.

October 23rd, 2018 18:00

It was set on headphones, so I switched it to headset and it works! Thank you!

No Events found!