Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

2 Posts

August 25th, 2022 13:00

Dell Client Management Service not functioning ("system cannot find the file specified")

I tried to use SupportAssist to fix an issue, but it wouldn't load, so I followed Dell's online instructions for reinstalling. However, despite following the instructions to the letter, the reinstall failed. After looking into that issue, it seems like the problem is with the Dell Client Management Service, which is disabled / not working. When I go into "Services," the description for the "Dell Client Management Service" row says "Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 2>".  If I attempt to manually enable / start the service, one of two things happens depending on whether I double-click or right click and select "start": 

(1) If I double click on the "Dell Client Management Service" row, it says "The system cannot find the file specified"; and

(2) If I right click on the "Dell Client Management Service" I get the following error code "Windows could not start the Dell Client Management Service service on Local Computer. Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

My attempts to figure out how to address this issue have thus far failed, with searches of the Dell forum and Google not turning up anything on point. 

2 Posts

August 25th, 2022 13:00

Some additional information that might be helpful: My laptop is running on Windows 11, which seems to prevent me from simply reinstalling the Dell Client Management Service (when I go to the Dell Support site, it notes that the download is incompatible with Windows 11). 

No Events found!