Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 5th, 2003 02:00

music download site

Does anyone have any useful information concerning this site:  www.easymusicdownloads.com  ?   They are a music downloading

site but  I'm not sure if it is a legal operation or a peer to peer site that will eventually get me into trouble.  Also, if anyone has used it-

are there any known problems caused?       Thanks for any info you can provide!!

1 Rookie

• 

5.8K Posts

November 5th, 2003 02:00

Hi:

Any site that features 4 pop-under
ads, drops 2 tracking cookies on your
system, and makes the following offer:

Below are the top sites related to free music downloads!!

...then proceeds to list nothing but sites
that charge- I'd avoid like the plague.

63 Posts

November 5th, 2003 12:00

Darn it!    Gave you the wrong link!    The site I wanted info on is   www.easymusicdownload.com     without the extra "s".  Sorry

63 Posts

November 5th, 2003 12:00

Joe-

Thanks for the reply and the advice.  I am looking for a service that charges but most don't give me enough information on their

catalog.  I want "oldies" rock and roll.   Have already done the peer to peer thing in the past and want to work with something that is

legal.   Noticed that they were trying to slip the trackers in, but have plenty of security programs to deal with that.   Thanks again!

63 Posts

November 5th, 2003 18:00

was able to find some info on this site-  STAY AWAY -    takes your money and then directs you to peer to peer software that is available for free elsewhere. ( and is still illegal to use)  has no catalog or files of any kind.  this site needs to be shut down

26 Posts

November 6th, 2003 04:00

Here is a site that is 100% legal and the charges for the download are very reasonable.  It is a new and Canadian site that was launched last month with the approval from the various big name record labels and government too.  http://www.puretracks.com/  Hope this helps!

11.9K Posts

November 6th, 2003 16:00

@bogeymangjct wrote:

Joe-

Thanks for the reply and the advice.  I am looking for a service that charges but most don't give me enough information on their

catalog.  I want "oldies" rock and roll.   Have already done the peer to peer thing in the past and want to work with something that is

legal.   Noticed that they were trying to slip the trackers in, but have plenty of security programs to deal with that.   Thanks again!

www.napster.com, www.itunes.com, www.musicmatch.com, www.buymusic.com

63 Posts

November 7th, 2003 21:00

Anne-   went to the site and it said that it was available to canadian residents only?

2.5K Posts

November 8th, 2003 04:00

Here is an oldies site not free but cheap   http://www.70traveler.com

130 Posts

November 11th, 2003 00:00

beware of unpurchased copyrights. someone will/might sue you
No Events found!