Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 1st, 2006 22:00

cc Cleaner

I resently ran CC Cleaner and where I had logged in to a web site, now I have to log in again. Does running this cleaner remove the log in information so that a person has to log in again?

d_may

11.9K Posts

October 1st, 2006 22:00

d_may wrote:
I resently ran CC Cleaner and where I had logged in to a web site, now I have to log in again. Does running this cleaner remove the log in information so that a person has to log in again?

d_may

It removed your cookies, so every site you log into you'll have to again...

Using a product like CC Cleaner can damage your Windows installation, and should not be used unless you understand exactly what it's doing.

549 Posts

October 2nd, 2006 19:00

d may
Open CCleaner and click on options (column on left ) click on cookies.
You can choose to keep the cookies you want. Do this after you have been on
line for a while.Then go and save the cookies you need. I suggest you
go back to http://www.ccleaner.com. and read up on it. Can`t hurt

Good luck

October 2nd, 2006 22:00

Using a product like CC Cleaner can damage your Windows installation, and should not be used unless you understand exactly what it's doing.

how do you know it does this and what does it do to damage the windows installation?
im just curious because i havent heard anything about this :D

Message Edited by neighberaaron on 10-02-2006 07:00 PM

October 2nd, 2006 23:00

thanks but i was looking for more along the lines of your insight on this and Ccleaner.
Ccleaner is different from many other registry cleaners, it may not delete as much, but it was built from the ground up to be safe.

11.9K Posts

October 2nd, 2006 23:00

neighberaaron wrote:

how do you know it does this and what does it do to damage the windows installation?
im just curious because i havent heard anything about this :D

In the future, by using the Advanced Forum Search on the bottom of this page, you can quite easily find the answer to this often asked question.  You can read all about people having to reinstall Windows due to "registry cleaners" causing damage.

326 Posts

October 3rd, 2006 00:00

It is only as safe as the person using it.
If you tell it to delete the wrong items,
some programs or even windows will not work.

It is intended for Experienced Computer Users.
If you feel you must use it, please Read The Help
files and be sure you understand what every option
does before you use them.

October 3rd, 2006 00:00

i think that even a beginner could use Ccleaner easily as long as they didnt tick off anything under the advanced section.
ive been using it for a long time now and even with everything checked, no problems exist.

27 Posts

October 4th, 2006 02:00

I also use a reg cleaner call reg first aid, from Rose City Software. I use reg compresser also. I am a newbe and I have heard that it is not a good thing to go in to the regestry and mess around, so I use the cleaners.

2 Intern

• 

5.8K Posts

October 4th, 2006 03:00

d_may wrote:
I also use a reg cleaner call reg first aid, from Rose City Software. I use reg compresser also. I am a newbe and I have heard that it is not a good thing to go in to the regestry and mess around, so I use the cleaners.

d_may:

I'm not familiar with the cleaners you use, but you should understand that any registry cleaner, particularly in inexperienced hands, has the potential to "mess around" with the registry and cause all sorts of problems. I would advise against their use.

October 4th, 2006 18:00

CCleaner causes a lot of issues and can be very problematic on computers. Every time they claim to have fixed something it breaks numerous other things. There are a lot of on their forums who act like they know things about whats wrong when they spout total nonsense. TonyKlein is the only sensible member there. If some idiot like rridgely, TwistedMetal, or the so called developer MrG try to help you then expect a broken computer. My friend used this software at a tech shop, until it broke a computer and he had to spend 30 minutes more to fix everything CCleaner broke. The program also has bundled Yahoo Toolbar to try and make extra money which leads you to see where this program has been going. Boycott it soon because something better will appear very soon.

549 Posts

October 4th, 2006 20:00

Hi
I`ve used CCleaner for a year now and haven`t had any problems with it. I run
it every other day. When i use the reg. cleaning tool  I make a backup.
After a month  i delete  the back up. 

11.9K Posts

October 5th, 2006 22:00

chasbox wrote:
Hi
I`ve used CCleaner for a year now and haven`t had any problems with it. I run
it every other day. When i use the reg. cleaning tool  I make a backup.
After a month  i delete  the back up. 

But you're an educated user.  How many people do you think backup the registry?  How many people know how to restore the registry backup?  The reality is that most users have no clue, use a registry cleaner, delete stuff w/o knowledge, and then wonder why it breaks things.

549 Posts

October 5th, 2006 23:00

I use CCleaner`s own  backup program for the reg. cleaner.
Yes, You can mess up your system pretty bad by using reg. cleaners. This is the only one i use.
That is why i suggested the OP go back to CCleaner home page and read up on it
and learn how to use it. That said, (When in doubt - Throw it out)  Naughty
Later
No Events found!