Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2016 21:00

Windows 7: Adobe Photoshop Elements not responding & System Restore not working

My very old version of Adobe Photoshop Elements stopped working a few days ago.  It worked fine ever since I installed it on my XPS 8300, but now all I see on the screen is a little rotating arrow.

I'm wondering if an automatic Microsoft patch caused it not to work - being that the version I have may be about 10 years old.  Is it possible that the patch caused Windows 7 not to support that version of Photoshop?

I would try to reinstall Photo Shop Elements, but I can't seem to find the disc right now.

I tried a system restore, but for some strange reason System Restore isn't working either (error 0xc0000022). 

Anyone have ideas re the Photo Shop and the System Restore problems?

Thanks,

Joel

• 

17K Posts

January 6th, 2016 06:00

Joel Duchoeny,

Try the information at the link below that resolved another user with the same error.

http://bit.ly/1Z5qTyg

January 11th, 2016 21:00

Can you please be more specific.  Which post are you referring to?

Thanks,

Joel

January 12th, 2016 04:00

Can you please be more specific.  Which post are you referring to?

Thanks,

Joel

January 15th, 2016 06:00

Finally, after trying many things, I did a Boot-Time Scan with the free version of Avast Antivirus and everything is now working properly.  My old Photoshop Elements is back and System Restore is working fine.

Now I'm trying to find where Avast Antivirus keeps it's logs so that I can see what the cause of my problem was.

No Events found!