Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 21st, 2004 17:00

SereneScreen Marine Aquarium 2.0 Screensaver

Does anyone use the SereneScreen Marine Aquirium 2.0 screensaver with Windows XP Pro?  If so, have you run into any problems with it?  I' considering purchasing it, but I'd like to know if anyone has experienced any issues with it running under Windows XP Pro.  The screen saver I'm talking about is the one you see in all the stores to demonstrate monitors.  Here's the link: http://www.serenescreen.com.  It looks like this (a static shot):

(c)2004 Prolific Publishing, Inc.

62 Posts

May 21st, 2004 18:00

Roger
I purchased Marine Aquarium about 8 months ago. It works perfectly on my Dimension 8300. And when people see it, they want it.
Looks like the real thing on your screen. And you can change the fish. Good luck 'fishing'!

87 Posts

May 21st, 2004 18:00

Thanks, Don_Z!

771 Posts

May 21st, 2004 22:00

The Marine Aquarium 2.0 screensaver requires a fairly powerful video card and a lot of RAM to work smoothly.  I wouldn't install it on older, slower computers.  It does look nice, though.

317 Posts

May 23rd, 2004 15:00

I have the screen saver.  It looked just as good on my older 64MB GeForce4 MX440 card as it does on my newer 128MB 9800pro card, so the graphics card is not an issue.  I think the CPU would be one though.  When I have something else running in the background (especially virus scan or spyware scan) that hits the CPU hard, I notice lagging (even on my 9800pro).  It's no big deal though, since those are usually only scan once a week.

The only problem I found with the screen saver was about six months ago it was causing Zone Alarm to incorrectly log a bogus attempt to access my machine every time the screen saver started.  I had it confirmed that it was a false positive, and they (Zone Labs) were looking into the problem.  I changed firewall programs though, so no idea if that was ever fixed - it probably is by now.

87 Posts

May 24th, 2004 11:00

Thanks for the additional comments, Lawnmowerguy and Jason98036.

1 Message

May 25th, 2004 22:00

Have been using it with XP Home for a year with no problems. Great product.
No Events found!