Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

September 23rd, 2006 23:00

Pre-loaded screensavers

I have a Dimenson E510.  I have been trying to set the aquarium screensaver on my computer for days and am totally frustrated that it won't work.  I've clicked My Computer---> Appearance and Themes---> Choose a Screensaver---> chosen 'Aquarium'--->chosen 'wait 5 mins' and unchecked the box 'on resume, display welcome screen'--->clicked 'apply' and waited.  Nothing happens.  No screensaver is ever displayed.  Has anyone else had this problem and if so, did you find a resolution?

Thanks........

7 Posts

September 24th, 2006 13:00

Assuming you have a Windows OS, I would right click on my desktop screen, click on screen saver tab, select aquarium screen saver, then hit preview then apply.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

September 24th, 2006 14:00

That screensaver does not come with Windows XP. Visit http://www.serenescreen.com/ for the paid version. Beware of "free" screensavers for XP. Many contain spyware and viruses.

70 Posts

September 24th, 2006 15:00

Yes, there is a preinstalled aquarium screensaver on XP.
I sometimes have trouble as well getting them to work....have you tried setting it, then rebooting?

snowball

1.2K Posts

September 26th, 2006 19:00

Beware of "free" screensavers for XP. Many contain spyware and viruses.

The aquarium screensaver 3D is also free for the download.  The only difference, as far as I know, is that you cannot change the default settings in the free version and you have to put up with a little ad logo in the clock. 

I went ahead and paid the $19.95 to register the program.  It is the best screensaver I've ever seen and the graphics are totally cool.  I have a hard time believing that those fish are not video clips of real ones swimming around.

No Events found!