Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 13th, 2005 18:00

Need Software to create Jewel Case Labels - Can anyone help?

My computer, a Dimension 8400, has decided it can no longer operate properly with Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum loaded on it.  I get a blue screen on shut down making me have to manually cut it off.  Since I am using Win XP, early on I went to the Roxio site and installed the patches necessary to make it operate.  It did very nicely for a while.  Actually all I wanted to use it for was to copy CD's and, more importantly, create Jewel Case labels.  When I purchased my 8400 I knew that program was a problem so I had it loaded with "Record Now Deluxe".  This was a real disappointment - no jewel case labels!  A real waste of money.   I have now completely removed Easy CD Creator and would like some input from someone using a different program to create Jewel Case Labels.  Is there one out there somewhere I can purchase and use with Windows XP?  Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Bessie

2.5K Posts

June 13th, 2005 20:00

Go to the Neato web site (they make labels/jewel box inserts).  They have a program MediaFaceII which was free, the also have other programs that you pay for.  Also try Avery and Fellowes, see what they may have.

Message Edited by msgale on 06-13-2005 07:02 PM

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

June 13th, 2005 21:00

The latest incarnation of Roxio (V7.5) has the problems with the Version 5 label creator fixed.  I have several programs that create labels and I like the Roxio better than all of them.  Roxio V7.5 will even support labels on the Epson printers that print directly to CD's and to the HP Lightscribe burners.   If you can find an older version of Roxio (e.g. 6 or 7) the label program in there works well too.

A lot of the programs that are supplied by label companies such as CD Stomper or Neato only support their products. 

I also have Nero 6 and the label program in that is pretty weak. 

300 Posts

June 14th, 2005 22:00

Thanks.  Maybe I ought to look into it!

11.9K Posts

@Bessie wrote:

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.  I tried a couple and they just don't do what I want them to do.  Guess I was spoiled with Easy CD Creator; the only way I can get that is to pay about $100. for that newer version and just for label use it doesn't seem worth it.

Again, thanks to you both. 

Bessie

Actually, $50 after rebates is more likely. 

300 Posts

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.  I tried a couple and they just don't do what I want them to do.  Guess I was spoiled with Easy CD Creator; the only way I can get that is to pay about $100. for that newer version and just for label use it doesn't seem worth it.

Again, thanks to you both. 

Bessie

1.2K Posts

June 15th, 2005 01:00

Bessie,

I use Nero to print out covers. You can usually download the covers you want from the CD Covers website. They have just about everything from the labels on the CDs (or DVDs) to the cover inserts available for free download.  Do a Google search for something like "CD covers". I'd post the link but I'm at work and I'm blocked from even doing a Google search from here.

I'm home now: http://www.cdcovers.cc/

Message Edited by RoadiJeff on 06-15-2005 04:43 AM

170 Posts

June 15th, 2005 02:00

Hi Bessie:

Check this out and see if it is what you want:

Acoustica CD Label Maker

I think it sells for $21.95. Download only.

Barb

300 Posts

June 15th, 2005 22:00

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.  I guess I got spoiled with Easy CD Creator's ability to automatically read a CD and add the data and/or tracks to the label without my having to type it in.  I have been trying those suggested as well as my Sonic Record Now which isn't as bad as I thought but it still won't add the data, etc.  If I have to type all the info in I could use the DVD case option and cut it so it will work fairly good.  Probably I will break down eventually and buy that 7.5 version from Roxio!

Thanks again,

Bessie 

300 Posts

June 17th, 2005 22:00

Here I am again - this time I have good news to report!  I was having a tough time giving up Easy CD Creator Platinum 5 so I downloaded the instructions on how to make it work with Windows XP.  I went through all the steps carefully.  It involved uninstalling ALL of the program and, after some other steps, installing it again.  I was very hopeful.  Unfortunately it did not work right and I got that blue screen warning me to fix my problem with the program or it might harm my computer.  So I uninstalled it again.  After sleeping on it last night I decided since the Jewel Case Labels were all I was interested in getting from that program I would try only installing that portion of the program.  And it worked!  There is a features it won't do -  show the cutting lines - but all the important parts work just fine.  I just didn't want to give up on a program that reads a CD and shows it on the label without my having to type it.  I can, if I choose, make changes to the text such as the font, font size, placement, etc.  Now I am happy and it didn't cost me a cent!  Just thought my experience might help someone out there somewhere.  Hope so.

Bessie

No Events found!