Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

February 22nd, 2005 00:00

Installing audio driver after SP2: missing ksuser.dll and ksproxy.ax

I upgraded to SP2 and was really happy with everything until I decided to check driver updates. I tried to install audio driver after SP2: missing ksuser.dll and ksproxy.ax. My Windows XP disk doesn't have it. What to do?

I8500

1.3K Posts

February 22nd, 2005 17:00

rammmstein,

Thanks for using the Dell Community Forum.

I really could not find much information in the Microsoft Knowledge Base or our Knowledge Base on either one of the files as to why SP2 would effect that.  Can you go ahead and try posting this in the Inspirion Audio board just to make sure.

3.2K Posts

February 22nd, 2005 19:00

If you google those two files you can download them . . are you sure you installed the XP version of the Audio drivers?

Did you upgrade by installing XP on top of Win98? . . that rarely produces a stable operating system.

wrs

55 Posts

February 22nd, 2005 20:00

here's a complete list of files "missing" after I tried to update the sound driver:

ksuser.dll (downloaded="not signed by MS"?)
ksproxy.ax
dmk.sys
portcls.sys
stream.sys
wdmaud.drv

Message Edited by rammmstein on 02-22-2005 04:32 PM

55 Posts

February 22nd, 2005 20:00

Thanks,

I have a clean installation of WXP Pro. I googled the files and installed them but there are another 5 files "missing". I don't think this is audio problem. I reinstalled drivers a zillion times before. It's definitely SP2. Anybody else?

June 5th, 2006 00:00

I have exactly the same problem - were you able to figure it out?  Somebody please help!
No Events found!