Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 4th, 2004 22:00

Earthlink Total Access 2004 Spyware Blocker

When I attempt to use Update Manager to download Spyware Blocker I get the error message, "The InstallShield Update Service Agent has failed to install properly.  In order for the InstallShield Agent to properly install you must be the administrator on your PC and your browser must be set on the default security settings." I am the administrator and my browser is on the default settings.   And I have tried getting Spyware Blocker with my McAfee security system both on and off.  Either way, no success.  I have been unsuccessful trying to get help from Dell Technical, Earthlink Technical and Microsoft.  Dell gave me instructions to to run the setup again for InstallShield, but they were impossible to follow on my PC.  Earthlink Technical has offered similar advice that doesn't work and also mailed me a CD to install a newer version of Total Access after I do a manual uninstall of the version on my PC.  I don't want to try that.  The instructions Earthlink gave me are very complicated for the uninstall, and given past advice that didn't work, I'm skeptical.  I'm not convinced the problem is with InstallShield, either.  I have loaded software on my PC (using a CD) successfully and InstallShield wasn't a problem then.   It seems to me that since I'm paying for Earthlink Total Access, using the Update Manager to get the Spyware Blocker should not be this frustrating and complicated.  I'm also unhappy with the way Earthlink and Dell give the impression that the fault is with the other party.  And Microsoft has been no help on this.  I found nothing in the Knowledge Base on InstallShield, and tring to get an email response to the problem has been impossible for me.  If anyone can offer some help, I would deeply appreciate it.  Thank you.

No Responses!
No Events found!