Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 7th, 2007 14:00

Dell Support Center

Dell has just released an enhanced self support tool. Feel free to have a look, and/or give it a try. Let us know how it goes.

1.1K Posts

June 7th, 2007 14:00

Hi Bill,
Is it same as the Dell Support 3.4< That I have asked about couple of minutes earlier in a seperate thread?
Thanks
Snow

1.9K Posts

June 7th, 2007 15:00

I am not Bill, :smileyvery-happy: but I'm pretty sure it is the same one....

4.4K Posts

it looks like it do not support vista or a least it doesn't say so.

1.1K Posts

Hi,
Why then it has appeared on the VISTA OS site!!?

I just down loaded the Dell's Support3.4 for vista and it suggests that one of the computer maintanence feature available on 30 days trial!! After that one has to pay a small Fee!?
I will be dissapointed if they are to charge for this.
snow

561 Posts

June 7th, 2007 16:00

Yes, its Vista capable. It's listed in the download section under Vista OS 32 bit.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 7th, 2007 18:00

They are two different tools. I am just kind of guaging what you all think of the Dell Support Center, specifically. DellSupport 3.4 is a different download and a different application.

If you note any differences in the two, or would like to call out pros and cons, bugs, etc, feel free to post about Dell Support Center here. You are also welcome to post any feedback or issues with DellSupport 3.4 on any one of the threads that you find or care to create regarding DellSupport 3.4.

I know. The similarity of the two names is confusing. I guess that's the first comparative observation I can make. :smileywink:

Message Edited by DELL-Bill B on 06-07-2007 02:17 PM

1.1K Posts

Are those two are the same? Are the one suggested by Bill on this thread and the one appears on the download section under VISTA os same?
Each appeared to have different available assisstance from Dell!!
Snow

1.1K Posts

I just downloaded it. If you allow it, everything is customized for your specific system. Downloads, drivers, warranty info, complete system info of what you have installed, etc.. etc... It's basically a duplication of the documentation and support items that comes installed on your desktop but is customized for your particular system. What you need to allow though is for it to scan your system and it collects your service tag # so it can customize your settings.

103 Posts

June 8th, 2007 16:00

I have both these programs installed.  The Dell Support 3.2.2 is not very useful but was better than nothing.  It never found a single problem!  It never did much other than recommending the Dell Network Assist program which was never an assistance for me.

On the other hand this new Dell Support Center is a wealth of information and all concentrated in one place.  I expect to use it as a reference often.

2.9K Posts

June 8th, 2007 17:00

Hi Bill,
I too was confused regarding the 2 different tools, but I just downloaded and installed the Support Center. Very impressive. One comment I would make is (as in the owner manuals) the lack of reference or information regarding Vista. In the FAQ section, most of the references are to Windows XP. Hopefully this will be updated?

77 Posts

June 8th, 2007 18:00

Downloaded the support center and when I try to install get the following error message. Internal Error 2739. Try to continue but get message that it failed to install. Any suggestions?

1.1K Posts

June 8th, 2007 19:00

Hi
I down loaded this support centre. I do not see any benifit!! Belarc advisor would give the same details!
I find Dell support 3.4 is more benificial. But this one is available free for 30days only!!:smileysad:
snow

2.3K Posts

June 9th, 2007 00:00

Hi Dell-Bill

I just downloaded and installed it.  I had forgotten that I still have a warranty on this PC at work until 2008.

*** My first impression... It has a better user interface than the old/other one Dell has.  I will post again if I observe any other pros/cons about it.

>>> PS... Love the New Logo You have now... Nice :smileyhappy:
EDIT: Tell Dell-Bruce to get one like yours!!!

Peace

Message Edited by MoneyGuyBK on 06-08-2007 06:52 PM

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 11th, 2007 13:00

Thanks,  Money.

Any observations on the record would be appreciated.

Bruce has a different logo, because he is not a Forum Liaison. He's actually with XPS development. The idea was to give him and his team posting in the threads a Dell identity without Liaison rights to customer private information and the ability to move threads and posts.

I asked Bruce to have a look at the 720 thread and post for you guys. He replied on Friday that he will be out of the office this week, but is looking forward to checking out the thread next week. I doubt he will have a lot of solid information regarding Nvidia SLI and Vista drivers, but I am sure he will be looking at DiManny's and crudzi's posts with a great deal of concern.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 11th, 2007 13:00

Snow,

DellSupport 3.4 is not trial software and will be yours to use for as long as you like.

The trial version messaging you are seeing is about PCTuneup. That is trial software, which is bundled with DS3.4. You can choose not to pay when prompted if you do not want to, and still continue to use DS3.4.

Rebel,

Development for the tool started while XP was the shipping o/s. I am sure that the Vista content will catch up over the next few weeks.

Message Edited by DELL-Bill B on 06-11-2007 09:44 AM
No Events found!