Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

April 20th, 2005 02:00

Can not install Kodak Easyshare software

I am having problems installing the Kodak Easyshare software on my WinXP SP2.
Is there anyone with the same problem?  What was the solution?
Kodak suggested uninstalling Windows Installer 3.1, but I don't want to mess with the OS.:smileyindifferent:

Any recommendations?  Suggestions? 

11.9K Posts

April 20th, 2005 10:00

@Clueless08 wrote:
I am having problems installing the Kodak Easyshare software on my WinXP SP2.
Is there anyone with the same problem?  What was the solution?
Kodak suggested uninstalling Windows Installer 3.1, but I don't want to mess with the OS.:smileyindifferent:

Any recommendations?  Suggestions? 

You should post this on the Other Software forum and provide more information.  What kinds of problems?  Are you following Kodak's directions?

April 20th, 2005 12:00

Kodak told me to wait until they have a software upgrade or remove Windows Installer 3.1 from your system.  I am not sure about the second option.  They gave me instructions on how to do it, but I don't like to mess with the OS.

These were their instructions:

If you want to remove Windows Installer 3.1, please follow the steps
below.

IMPORTANT: If for any reason the removal of Windows Installer 3.1 does
not succeed, you will have to wait for the new version of the KODAK
EASYSHARE Software, or work with the Microsoft support team to enable
the removal of Windows Installer 3.1.

Select Start > Settings > Control Panel.
Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
If you have Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed, select the Show Updates
check box at the top of the window. (Otherwise, you will not be able to
see any of the installed Microsoft updates.)
Scroll down the alphabetical list and select Windows Installer 3.1
(KB893803).
Click Remove.
At the new window, click Next. The update will then uninstall.
If you have Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed, you may receive a
message stating that the service pack may not work correctly if you
remove this component.  Click OK to continue with the uninstall. You
will be reinstalling the component later and this will not harm your
computer.
When prompted, restart your computer.
When Windows finishes loading, install the EASYSHARE Software.

IMPORTANT: Once the EASYSHARE Software is installed, please be sure to
download and reinstall the Windows Installer 3.1 update. You can accept
the update when it is offered to you again, if you have enabled the
automatic update feature of Windows, or you can visit the Windows Update
Web site at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com.

Ana

11.9K Posts

April 20th, 2005 13:00

@Clueless08 wrote:

Kodak told me to wait until they have a software upgrade or remove Windows Installer 3.1 from your system.  I am not sure about the second option.  They gave me instructions on how to do it, but I don't like to mess with the OS.

As I said, you should post this on the Other Software forum.  You need to provide EXACTLY what problems you are having installing the software, and whether you followed Kodak's instructions to install the software in the first place (i.e. I believe you install the software THEN plug in the camera).

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 20th, 2005 15:00

I recently bought a new Kodak camera and installed the easyshare software without problems on a Windows XP -Pro system with SP2. 

They tell you to shut down any antivirus program first (many times you can get by without doing the antivirus shutdown) but if you didn't do that try it.   Depending on what you've done or tried you may want to do a System Restore to a date/time PRIOR to first attempting to install easyshare and start over.  Sometimes if there is an install failure, trying to install over top of the failed install will not work.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 20th, 2005 16:00

Here's something else I just found on the windows installer program.  It was referenced in the current WinXP newsletter.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555175

11.9K Posts

April 21st, 2005 00:00

@8088 wrote:
I was just thinking about getting a Easyshare camera from KODAK but then I am seeing this ...

is there any updates to their software that will work with XP SP2 ?

I bought a cheapo camera for selling on ebay & email but I installed the drivers and took a couple pixs the photos looked red & fuzzy .

I am having second thoughts about SP2 and driver updates..

bad enough I had to change my virtual memory , cleaned out the spy ware, run a virus scanner,

or do we have to wait for the updates or SP 3 ??

As Firebird stated, the software works fine with SP2, we have it also.  The difficulties that the poster is having could be caused by many things.

6 Posts

April 21st, 2005 00:00

I was just thinking about getting a Easyshare camera from KODAK but then I am seeing this ...

is there any updates to their software that will work with XP SP2 ?

I bought a cheapo camera for selling on ebay & email but I installed the drivers and took a couple pixs the photos looked red & fuzzy .

I am having second thoughts about SP2 and driver updates..

bad enough I had to change my virtual memory , cleaned out the spy ware, run a virus scanner,

or do we have to wait for the updates or SP 3 ??

15 Posts

November 8th, 2007 13:00

Hello I found this post after laboring with Kodak CX6330 and easyShare software for a couple of years (for eBay pix mainly)
So not to bore you with ( too much )detail I was told by Kodak to uninstall my Kodak Software 3.0.1 but by my error I accidently  first inserted my  Kodak Easyshare CD software disk into my Dell and that gave me 3 choices to make before I could proceed.One choice was to Repair  the other to Install and one to Uninstall the 3.0.1 so i just did that and the Kodak Unintalled the program properly and automatically....GREAT!. All was well. Then I re-installed.
Just wanted to add this note to the other comments.Oh yes one more thing I will never again buy any program that is NOT Microsoft approved. (My Opinion)

Dell Deminsion E310/3100
Intel (R)
Pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.06Ghz
3.06Ghz 0.99 GB of RAM
Microsoft Windows XP Home
Service Pack 2
MCafee Upgrade
Epson Stylus CX5000
Kodak CX6330 Easyshare V6
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
No Events found!