Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2005 20:00

webroot spy sweeper

I have this program install on my computer and it is sopose too get rid of spyware but after every scan it says none is found and there is 21 cookie that it check but I do not know if it got rid of these cookie? Also I when to opinons to all ways remove and check them all.

Thank you for any help

August 26th, 2005 01:00

kain, If you set SpySweeper to remove all spy cookies in options and set all shields to work, the program will automatically remove  cookies and protect your computer.  However, you may have to turn off SpySweeper to make some programs work properly.  I find that SpySweeper blocks my POP mail at times.  It seems to do a very good job.

116 Posts

August 26th, 2005 06:00

Thank you

116 Posts

September 2nd, 2005 09:00

Is it ok to run another anti spyware program like ad-aware or microsoft anit spyware (beta) or spybot search and destroy ?? And which one do you think?

September 2nd, 2005 14:00

kain, you have asked several questions.  You can find your cookie file in C/Windows/cookies.  SpySweeper blocks the cookies but may not remove them until a sweep.  Yes, you may use more than one spy program.  The ones you mentioned are popular.
No Events found!