Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 26th, 2009 23:00

hi need lots of help

i have downloaded a file to watch a dvd but now my computer has some sort of virus on it i am not very good on computers.....i cannot do a system restore it will not let me...i cannot run malwarebytes as again it will not let me...cannot boot back to factory settings either...i have tried to unistall then install malware bytes and tried running that but still no joy....i have scanned with macafee it found 1 trogan and deleted it but i keep getting a message from trustninja...saying that my computer is under attack...my floppy disk is on but i do not have a floppy drive? my computer is a dell dimension 5150 need help but it has to be simple as i am not very good on computers

12 Posts

August 27th, 2009 01:00

no cannot run ant anti spyware at all tried unistalling it and installing it but nothing...tried spybot,malwarebytes but nothing keep getting alerts from trust nija saying trogan dropper... i have tried system restore but that will not work tried rebooting to factory settings but that does not work either so i am tottaly lost and i have not got a clue what to do

6 Posts

If I were you I would exhaust all avenues first to try and find a solution in any way available, then as a last resort i would insert the windows operating system disc or the Dell equivalent, and follow the instructions to "clean install". If you haven't performed this process before, you may need someone experienced to help you through it.

I have performed the process a few times myself, but the first time is always the hardest.

You need to be prepared for the worst case scenario, that is, if it all turns out to fail, a trip to your local computer shop or Dell home help and generally it's not that expensive.

6 Posts

Hi Eddy,

Whenever this thing happens to me and I've tried everything to eliminate to problem, I bite the bullet and wipe the hard disk and start from scratch.  I then have a fresh computer again. It does take some time but when I'm finished the computer is much faster than before.

I haven't had a problem since I installed a few programs:

1. Super Anti Spyware Professional

2. Spybot

3. Ad Aware

4. Avast Antivirus (free version)

5. Comodo Firewall (free version)

Good luck

Steve

6 Posts

I was hoping that someone may have come on and given some other advise before you when down the track of reinstalling your operating system.\

Just before you do that, let me ask a couple of questions.

Can you run your antivirus or another anti virus program again and see what it finds?

Are able to download and run the anti spyware program that I mentioned? notably Super anti spyware?

12 Posts

thanks for the reply.... but i have not got a clue how to do that....how do you wipe the hard disk...i have all the discs from dell...but i have not got a clue what to do...tried everything from defrag to unistalling malware bytes but nothing is working...i do not mind losing all my data...any help would be great thanks

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

12 Posts

August 27th, 2009 04:00

hi again i have downloaded avast antivirus and done a scan... i delete the files when they come up when my system restarts it does a scan but will not delete them i have no idea whats going on now my brain is fried keep getting alerts from trust ninja saying about worms and trojans...it looks like i have to reset it from the begging but no idea how hope someone can tell me how to do it i have all the discs

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

August 27th, 2009 14:00

You said that you scanned with McAfee. Did you install Avast with McAfee still on there?  If so, one of those AV's needs to be removed.

As long as you have already downloaded MBAM let's see if you can simply rename mbam.exe. Try renaming it eddie.exe.

You will be changing this one: http://www.gt500.org/images/rename_mbam.png Then see if your renamed MBAM will run.

6 Posts

August 27th, 2009 23:00

Hi Eddie,

Have you managed to get rid of the malware yet?

Do you download Malwarebytes  and did it fixed the problem? 

12 Posts

August 28th, 2009 07:00

nope problem still there tried everything but still not working....I hate computers i have no idea whats going on or what to do.....what do you mean change the name...on the desktop......change malwarebytes name????? i have avast on and macafee is that a problem???

12 Posts

August 28th, 2009 08:00

hi i have managed to run malwarebytes now it found 11 trogans so i have deleted them also i keep getting a message from trustnija security saying that my pc is getting attacked from trogans i have never downloaded trust ninja so i have not got a clue what that is.....also a message saying low memory saying that my drive could be infected with spyware? now my floopy drive is on so when i put my pc on it says diskette problem press f1 to proceed or f2 my computer does not have a floppy drive... my computer is a dimension 5150....thanks for all your help

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

August 28th, 2009 08:00

Eddy, take a deep breath. Relax. We can work on this together. Because someone else has been replying to you, it is becoming confusing. We work in the Malware Removal forum one-to-one with one helper per topic.  Working with someone not on the list of trained helpers in this announcement:  Please Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help can be risky.

Let's backtrack and go slowly.

Yes, having two anti-virus programs on there will lead to conflicts and slowdowns.  It is not recommended. 

If you have paid for McAfee and it has been updated, keep it and remove Avast.

To remove Avast:

1.Right-click Avast's blue "A" ball in system tray (by the clock) > program settings > troubleshooting > Place a checkmark next to disable self-defense.

2. Go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall Avast! 3. Download the avast! removal tool: http://www.avast.com/eng/avast-uninstall-utility.html

3. After downloading aswClear.exe to your desktop Start Windows in Safe Mode.

To reboot into Safemode:
Turn on the computer.
Immediately begin tapping the F8 key.
Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode and press the Enter key.You will see a black screen with a list of drivers loading. Sit back and be patient. Let Windows do its thing. When you get to the Desktop in Safemode, it will look strange, but that's okay.

4.Open (execute) the uninstall utility. Note: If you installed avast! in a different folder than the default, browse for it. (Note: Be careful! The content of any folder you choose will be deleted!)

Click REMOVE Restart your computer normally.

Now for MBAM: You wrote that you had MBAM but did not give details. Is it in your Program files (already installed) or is it on your Desktop?

If on the Desktop change the name of the mbam-setup.exe to eddie.exe and see if it will run.

If it is already in your program files change mbam.exe to eddie.exe and try to run it.

If MBAM will not run, do you have access to a clean computer -- a family member's or friend's -- so that you could download a fresh copy of MBAM to a USB stick or CD? If we need to do that, I can give you instructions, so let me know.

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

August 28th, 2009 09:00

i have never downloaded trust ninja
It is a rogue product. You have become infected from downloading a video, codec, or by visiting a webpage. Most likely it was the file that you downloaded to watch the video. That is one way the bad guys have of disguising their malware. Ignore the messages for now. Some of them are from the malware trying to scare you into buying their product.

Please open MBAM. Go to the Logs tab. Find the recent log that shows everything that was removed. Please  copy and paste the log into your next reply. Thanks :emotion-1:

12 Posts

August 28th, 2009 10:00

it will not let me copy it mate i am not very good on this computer thing sorry... since the malwarebytes scanned the trust ninja has not come up yet ... what do i do now with all my drives.....

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

August 28th, 2009 10:00

Let's try that one more time. It will be easier for you if you print these instructions.

Open the MBAM > Logs and find log that you want . Try double-clicking on it .That opens a Notepad page.

Go up to Edit  > Select All. Then while it is selected go up to Edit > COPY.

Come back here to Reply, and RIGHT-click > PASTE. That will put it into your reply.

I will review the log and post additional instructions later.

No Events found!