Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

3 Apprentice

• 

15.3K Posts

June 30th, 2014 14:00

WinPatrol becomes part of Ruiware (pronounced "Ray-ware") LLC

The following has been copied/pasted from http://billpstudios.blogspot.com/2014/06/winpatrol-generation-ii.html

I couldn’t be happier to introduce you to the founder of Ruiware, LLC and Scotty’s new best friend,  Bret Lowry...

Bret has already influenced the newest version of WinPatrol (32.0.2014.0) available later today and has been planning improvements [for] future versions...

[Bret's] commitment to WinPatrol customers is as follows:

"One, your lifetime PLUS licenses are just that, lifetime licenses. That was the easiest topic in our negotiation and is written into the contract.

Two, WinPatrol will not have toolbars or other “add-ins” added to it or its installer. Installers that do that drive me crazy because I’m the guy people call to “fix” their computer after the installer completes its hijacking. I am not going to do that to my customers.

Three, I will be responsible for answering support questions, even more incentive to play nicely and stand-by item two above. And

Four, I use WinPatrol myself and therefore am committed to the continued improvement of WinPatrol. I am honored to have earned Bill’s trust and confidence in his allowing me to purchase WinPatrol. Bill has run WinPatrol with integrity since its inception, as a founder of Ruiware (along with my wife), I promise we will carry on that tradition.”

===================================

Remark:  To ensure a smooth transition of WinPatrol, Bill Pytlovany will continue working with Bret through the end of the year.

5.8K Posts

June 30th, 2014 14:00

I've tested a lot of security products over the years, and I think it is safe to say that I currently use none that I was using a decade or so ago. The single exception would be WinPatrol, due largely to the integrity of BillP, and the ongoing usefulness of  WP.

As an advocate of free security programs, I can also say that WinPatrol PLUS is one of the very few security products I have purchased, and highly recommend as well worth the modest price.

Well done, BillP, and my personal thanks.

No Events found!