Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2012 23:00

[MOVED] MY NORTON ACCOUNT

I bought my lappy a few weeks ago and since then I had a buddy really mess up my computer to the point of I had to reinstall windows 7. I have a dell inspiron N7110. There was no restore.. it was so messed up I couldnt do that so I had to start fresh again. Well It came with a free year or so of Norton and I was wondering how I can get that back?? Is it possible? I have my service tag to prove I am not lying... My comp is only 2 weeks old. Thanks.

20.5K Posts

June 27th, 2012 04:00

Hi and Welcome to Dell Community, CaseygarnerPDX,

I won't ask if you and your buddy are still friends. :emotion-3:

Use Internet Explorer and see if you can log in with the requested information to find what you need at My Dell Downloads . Also see Dell Downloads FAQ's

If you would rather use a free anti-virus and anti-spyware, please see these pages for

LISTS OF FREE SECURITY SOFTWARE  

FREE SECURITY SOFTWARE

June 29th, 2012 21:00

well no it doesnt show up in my download locker. but I did find alot of other things I was looking for there.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 30th, 2012 10:00

I know that with the Norton retail versions, in order to activate the license, one needs to create an Norton online account, or associate it with an already created account.

Did your Norton software ask you to create such an account before you reinstalled?

If so, log in using the email and password you used to register, and you should be able to download your Norton software from there.

https://www.mynortonaccount.com/amsweb/default.do

July 8th, 2012 01:00

nah not even that is working. It came on my computer when I got it... so its associated with my computer and im sure there is a way for dell to help me out... Im just gonna contact them as soon as I can. That was a great Idea though... I wish I had that

No Events found!