Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 16th, 2005 01:00

I need spy axe removal

I have been infected w/ Spy Axe and other stuff that came w/ it.  When I open my browser it automatically goes to a page that has the address www.needupdate.com.  How do I get rid of all of this?  I also have a little bubble that always pops up saying "Your computer is infected!" 

HELP!

December 16th, 2005 15:00

hi try xoftspy its working for your proplem

2 Posts

December 16th, 2005 16:00

Sorry "spyaxe solution" is the correct name of the forum

2 Posts

December 16th, 2005 16:00

See under "spay axe solution". This forum gives a good and simple solution to remove spyaxe.

I tried it out and it worked directly.

3 Posts

December 17th, 2005 18:00

I had SpyAxe, Trojan.Zlob & Security Toolbar (all part of the same virus) & got it all out of my system painlessly:

After I tried the KillBox method which may work but did not work for me, I Purchased on-line & installed Norton Antivirus 2006 product.

Then called their tech support & they e-mailed me for $30. a 6 page very simple & easy to follow instruction guide to removing it.

That did not fix for me - upgraded another $30. & had them walk me through a more comprehensive process - 20 - 30 minutes.

It is no quick easy fix getting this garbage out of your system - there were an unbelievable amount of files we had to remove from places you would never believe exist. This virus is resident in more than what is mentioned here in this forum & in tons of code that yould never know about.

Either way it was worth the $60. to have them get it all out quickly.

Good Luck To All & Merry Christmas !!!

Nick M

2 Posts

December 18th, 2005 22:00

If you still have spy axe you might try spyware killer at www.subtraham.org, The people there walked me through removing it from my computer.  It's a forum type site similar to this.

1 Message

December 18th, 2005 23:00

Hi, I just completed removing SPYAXE from my son's computer. He had the exact same problem.  A good geek friend of mine advised to get a program named "smitrem.exe" which you can find on http://geekstogo.com, the address he gave me did not work, just go to this address and scroll down the page and you will find it.  Just download it and run it. It cleaned my sons computer, follow their instructions. It might change the theme setting back to "original" and you have to reselect the theme you were using. Other than that it removed EVERYTHING connected with SPYAXE.
No Events found!