Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

October 5th, 2005 20:00

How to remove adware, ????

Hello,
I have so much adware and spyware on my computer, and Adaware can't seem to get rid of it.

There is more every day and a lot of it is ***ually explicit.

I ordered Norton Internet Protection which has a spam ware blocker, but after I installed it, my computer kept freezing up, and I couldn't get it uninstalled so I called Symantecs and someone there finally got it uninstalled for mr and she even had to try several times.

Then I ordered McAffee Spam Blocker, and the same thing happened. Every time I used my computer it froze up on me.

Anybody know what I can do to stop the adware and spyware from coming into my computer?
Would a change of email address help?

Thanks in advance for your help!  ..... Maxine

1.6K Posts

Since you have these problems i will give you links that you can download the 3 programs i use. They got me through, i hope it will help you.

1.Microsoft Antispyware- it will ask you to validate windows... do it. No harm.

2.Adware - runs good ill give you the personal - invest in the professional the adwatch in the pro version blocked my pc from being hijacked over 30 times.   http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/3000-8022_4-10045910.html?part=dl-ad-aware&subj=dl&tag=top5
you may not trust this site but its good... nothing when i downloaded it

3.AVG FREE ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE - good antivirus software
i hope these programs help you!!
NOTE WHEN A VIRUS OR SPYWARE OR ADWARE HAS BEEN DELETED AUTOMATICALLY RESTART YOUR DELL..... OR ELSE THEY CAN COME BACK!!!!!!! ALSO WHEN ALL DELETED DO ANOTHER SCAN

366 Posts

Maxine,

A good place to start would be the FAQ "Stickied" at the top of this page.

X-Rogue

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." -- Albus Dumbledore

For the newbies ~ www.djdenham.com/etiquette.htm

2 Posts

October 5th, 2005 23:00

WOW!!

Thanks, everybody! I'm going to try it right now! I sure hope this does it. Thanks again!  ..... Maxine

April 1st, 2015 04:00

Here are the basic steps to manually remove adware:

1) Open Windows Task Manager to stop the adware related process.

2) Go to Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs to uninstall the adware related program.

3) Open Windows Registry using regedit.exe command. Find and Remove all the adware related registry entries.

4) Search for the adware related files on your computer and delete them.

If you think the above steps are difficult for you to accomplish, then you can consider using a professional malware removal tool to get rid of it.

The following are some recommended tools:

TDSSKiller - media.kaspersky.com/.../tdsskiller.exe
AdwCleaner - toolslib.net/.../1-adwcleaner
NOD32 Online Scanner - www.eset.com/.../online-scanner-popup
Microsoft Safety Scanner - www.microsoft.com/.../default.aspx
Malwarebytes - www.uninstalltips.net/malwarebytes.php

No Events found!