Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

2 Intern

• 

1.1K Posts

February 27th, 2010 01:00

Can I run the free Malwarebyte in cinjunction with MSE & WOT?

Hi

Mine Windows7 Ultimate x64.

I at present have MSE as my virus scan and WOT as my Internet site advisor.

Can I run Malwarebyte free version on the above computer?

I ask this because with in one week I am unfortunate to have hit by some malware problem. Latest attack this morning. My computer continue to turns itself off and booting back and going into a bluescreen with a lot of writing. I could not get to read what is on blue screen because it quicky goes back into its turning off and booting mode.

After few attempts trying to reach safe mode and failed, I continuously pressed the start button to turn off and start again to reach the safe mode. I find the MSE but could not turned on. [The MSE shows red and not on]. I did a full scan with MSE in safe mode and this did not make any change in the behaviour of my computer.!

I finally tried to boot to my system restore disk and format and back up an image-back up. This allows me to get in safe mode with internet connection but on re-boot it goes to Blue Screen with dumping news and reboots again.

The final option that is left for me to try is to boot to my windows7 disk and format and reinstall. Will that work.? Or is there some other serious problem with my computer?

Regards

2 Intern

• 

5.8K Posts

February 27th, 2010 02:00

Hi snowshine:

I note the problems you have been having recently. To answer your first question: yes, you can (and should) run MBAM Free if possible on your system, and quarantine anything it finds.

Let us know what it finds. This info will help determine how to answer your other questions.

2 Intern

• 

1.1K Posts

February 27th, 2010 02:00

Hi joe53,

I am desperate now. Writing from another computer.

Even boot to my Windows7 retail disc and installed the Os and it booted after first stage and going into blue screen.

Now I am running hardware diagnostics . but no luck.

What can I do??

Regards

2 Intern

• 

5.8K Posts

February 27th, 2010 03:00

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Can you backup your important files to an external drive or media?

You might be looking at re-formatting and re-installing your operating system. I'm not familiar with Windows 7, so will defer to others here.

2 Intern

• 

1.1K Posts

February 27th, 2010 03:00

Hi

I have already tried to re-format and re-installing the OS but after the first stage of copying the file and restart to complete -stops there and Blue screen with some message.

I managed to photo the message.

I am snookered!!

1K Posts

February 27th, 2010 05:00

Hi snowshine.

Sorry to hear about your problem. If you managed to take a picture of the screen, we are waiting for the message. Mean while you can try to run hardware diagnostic using your "CD Drivers and Utilities" disk since you already tried running it from the computer and it failed. It looks like you may have a hardware problem since you said above that " but after the first stage of copying the file and restart to complete -stops there and blue screen..."

Good luck. 

1K Posts

February 27th, 2010 17:00

Hi snow.

Yeah the 0x00000050 code could be a RAM stick:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171003/en-us

However, the NVladmkn.sys is NVidia related to either a driver or the GPU itself. Were you abled to do a hardware diagnostic with your CD Drivers & Utilities disk ?

Also it could be related to a trojan if your OS was fully installed.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894278/en-us

Good luck.

2 Intern

• 

1.1K Posts

Hi,

I have to find a computer to post this message!!

The Blue screen says the following:

If this is the first time you have seen this ------------  screen restart your computer. If this screen appear --------- follow these steps

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need

If problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software.

Disable BIOS memory option such as caching or shadowing

If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F8 to select advanced start up options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information

""" STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFF880D1241BC, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFF880049B3A39, 0x0000000000000005

""" NVLadmkn.sys Address FFFFF880049B3A39 base at FFFFF88004881000, Datestamp 4a0c8387

2 Intern

• 

1.1K Posts

I am happy to do anything. 

I have removed 1GB two sticks and tried to install the Windows7  x64 OS and no luck.

I then removed 2x2GB sticks and put the 2x1gb sticks and tried to install my Windows 7 x64 OS and again no luck.

Window logo just appear and soon goes to BSOD and computer restarts. This keeps happening continuously.

I would be very ever so greatful for your assistance.

Regards

2 Intern

• 

1.1K Posts

February 27th, 2010 23:00

Hi iroc9555,

Thank you for getting back on my problem.

I tried Hardware diagnostics:

Drive 0: WDC WD32ooKS-75PF60 - Pass

Drive 1:WDC WD3200KS-75PF60-Pass

Test to complete press to reboot,

It then keeps going in a loop of continuously rebooting Blue Screen with the above message......

I have retail version of the Windows 7 [box has the x64 and x32 discs with the same product key

I also have my Dell's Vista & XP MCE discs for the same computer.

I have reformatted the HD and erased all partitions in the past when did the install of the OS.

Any suggestion would be very helpful and appreciated.

2 Intern

• 

1.1K Posts

February 28th, 2010 00:00

I changed the small round coin back up battery [CR2032] 

Started the computer press F12 few times

That took me to...

Boot Device Menue

Intel Array

On Board or USB  CD-ROM drive

System setup

Hard Drive diagnostics

Boot Utility partitions.

I choose the 4th- Hard Drive Diagnosticd

and results: 

Drive 0: WDC WD3200KS-75PFBO-Pass

Drive 1: WDC WD3200KS-75PFBO-Pass

Drive 2: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM-GDRH10N-Diagnostics not supported

Drive 3:HL-DT-STVD+-RW GSA-H31N - Diagnostics not supported

Drive 4: No device

Drive 5: No Device

Now when I boot to my Windows 7 x64 cd 

loading files and the Windows moving logo and just light bluescreen with few leaves 

Not doing the following

Copying Window files

Expanding Windows file[0%]

Installinf features

Installing update

Completing installation.

1K Posts

February 28th, 2010 06:00

Hi snow.

We are 6 hours apart so my late response. OK your HDDs are well. What about RAM, GPU, etc. Did you check that file for NVvidia?

You have a mini dump in C:\windows\minidump\022810-13540-01.dmp

From here you can use a Microsoft tool to debug that minidump. Be sure to use the 64bit version.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246

Taken from Windows tricks in Spanish (hope I translated it right). Every time you have a 0x00000050 error code.

Check and uninstall any new hardware.

Run Software & Hardware Full diagnostic tool provided by the PC manufacturer.

If the PC runs NTFS files, reboot and run Chkdisk /f /r. If system can not start, run the command console and Chkdisk /r.

Uninstall any AV program.

Disable memory options in BIOS.

I still think you should take a better look to your Nvidia card and files.

Hope it helps.

2 Intern

• 

1.1K Posts

February 28th, 2010 07:00

Hi iroc9555,

How could I check My Nvidia working or not.

I am able to get in safe made after I booted to my System Repair disk I created after my first custom install of the Win7. That time I also have created an image back uo to an external HD.

I managed to boot to the System Repair Disc and Re-Image my computer. Then under safe mode tried again to install my Win 7 disk by selecting my computer and dvd and set up. Here again after it copied the file, expanded .... completing installment and re start after few minutes blue screened with same message.

Is it easy to change Nvidia in Dimension 9200/XPS410?  Should I post that question in hardware?

Iam very sad to say the least!!:emotion-6:

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

February 28th, 2010 13:00

there are too many system files missing in order for the PC to boot.
Those files are there, but that is how the old HJT version displays 64-bit systems. HijackThis is pretty much useless in this case. Other diagnostics need to be run. I suggest ruling out hardware issues first. If that checks out okay, at that point one of the security analysts can take a look with better diagnostic tools.

1K Posts

February 28th, 2010 13:00

Snow.

I would post in Desktop/hardware the whole error code and how to check GPU also if you feel comfortable working inside your PC, you can uninstall the video driver and software. Turn off PC (follow procedure in your PC manual). Remove video card itself. Seat it again. Boot PC. Install driver and software.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/xps410/en/SM_EN/parts.htm#wp1373632

What about the minidump? Did you read the link in MayorGeeks I posted? That would be a way to know what is going on.

I took a look at the HijackThis log that you posted in your other thread. I am not an expert but there are too many system files missing in order for the PC to boot. You are lucky it even booted in safe mode.

Feel your pain. Hang in there. 

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

February 28th, 2010 14:00

You're welcome. Yes, it sounds like a difficult situation. I hope he can find the problem and resolve it.

No Events found!