Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2008 05:00

Windows DVD Maker does not recognize DVD Burner

Hi

Windows DVD Maker does not recognize my DVD burner. I have a new Inspiron 1720 laptop with a TS-L632H slim 8x DVD +/- RW drive. I am running Windows Vista with Service Pack 1.

These are the steps that I have taken:-
- I have checked that the hardware works as I have successfully been able to burn a DVD using windows Vista
- I have downloaded the latest firmware from the dell website and flashed the drive
- I have deleted and reinstalled the drivers
- I have contacted Dell as my computer is still under warranty but the support guys only suggested flashing with the latest firmware. Once it was established that the hardware was working, they lost interest and passed me on to their partner company. Their partner company was unable to solve this problem either.
- I have tried editing the registry entries as suggested by a few other forums that I found using google. This did not resolve my problem either and also caused conflicts with itunes which is now prompting for me to do a reinstall of itunes.
- I have tried looking in my BIOS which was also suggested in a few other forums but couldn't find the settings described in those forums.
- I have tried looking for the jMicron driver that has been described in other forums but couldn't find it in my settings.
- I have looked on the Microsoft site and found a few KBs but when I tried installing the hotfixes, they said they were not applicable (KB934641 Hotfix for Toshiba Optical Drive).
- I have downloaded all of the latest applicable downloads and drivers off the Dell support website and applied these to my PC.
- After installing pxengine3_00_58a.exe off of this forum (http://www.windowsdvdmaker.com/forums/2/305/ShowThread.aspx), Roxio now recognizes my dvd burner which it didn't before.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance
Tom
Message Edited by wsngut on 08-29-2008 04:51 PM
No Responses!
No Events found!