Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2006 12:00

Precision 670 BSOD 0x0000007B (0xBA4EB528, 0xC000000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

This Dell Precision had two 400 GB hard drives, one of which I chose to use in a brand new Dell Optiplex 620, since both use SATA drives.
A graduate student is doing "capture" from a digital video camera and quickly filled up the second 80 GB hard drive in the 620.
Now the 400 GB drive is working fine and the student has room to work.
The blue screen is on the Precision, which has the original "zero" 400 GB hard drive plus a brand new 80 GB drive (the one that quickly filled up with video capture).
So far, what has NOT worked:
* Last known good configuration
* Safe mode XP Professional
* Safe mode with command prompt
The instructions say to remove the hard drive installed recently, so I am thinking of unplugging the 80 GB in slot "01" and trying, although the error first happened when only the "00" drive (400 GB) was mounted.
Next step? It says to CHKDSK /F on the chance the hard drive is corrupt(ed) and I would gladly to that if I could get to a CMD prompt.

2.6K Posts

November 15th, 2006 12:00

Just to check, was the Precision set up as RAID 0 or striping before you removed it?

2K Posts

November 15th, 2006 13:00

negative

It was just two "plain old" 400 GB hard drives. We purchased this (one of a kind) system for a person who works heavily in Adobe (at that time, PageMaker, Photoshop, etc.) because I had seen messages hinting that those program work better when the "scratch" drive and the program drive are separate -- hence the two drives. However, for that use we had "nothing but trouble" and the system wound up in a student computer Lab (graduate school, where I provide tech support).

2.6K Posts

November 15th, 2006 16:00

That error is that it cant find the boot drive so double check the BIOS for boot order and if its not that google (or whatever) 0x7b or stop 0x7b and track it down.  It can even be a recent program removal that causes it.

2K Posts

November 15th, 2006 16:00

The old drive was below, the new above; now the new is below, the old above (dust on it).
No order seemed to make a difference with the blue screen. Since the 80 GB drive is unoccupied, I am connected it "solo" and will try installing Windows XP Pro and then see if I can connect both and run the CHKDSK /F
I have installed Win XP Pro on the "new" 80 GB SATA drive and even though I do not have Ethernet drivers installed I am able to boot to it in Windows XP and now am running CMD : CHKDSK E: /F
Currently in progress.

Message Edited by BBraxton on 11-15-200602:03 PM

No Events found!