Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 16th, 2004 00:00

microsoft word vs. corel 10

Help!  I am a fairly newby, and have Wordperfect office 2002 on my Dimension Dell Windows XP,  which carries corel 10...  Whenever I need to download or upload a resume or letter saved to corel, it will not accept it saying it needs html or etc added..  or that it is not a word document.;.

What do I need to purchase to get word and excel?

Donna

255 Posts

September 16th, 2004 01:00

I am not sure exactly what you mean when you refer to download and upload of documents you apparently have already saved in WordPerfect. In any event to get Word and Excel yu want to get Office. You can check the descriptions at Microsoft.com but I expect you would want the basic product (Office includes a collection of programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook). You might be elegible for the Student/Education edition., which is probably the cheapest way. Larger versions include more software, such as PowerPoint and Access and cost more. Prices are pretty steep at Microsoft and you canprobably get the software much cheaper by searching on the web. Dell may sell it to you, too. Obviously you want a legal copy.

274 Posts

September 19th, 2004 01:00

FYI:  The Student/Teacher Edition (Education Version) of Microsoft Office is a full, legal product that contains Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.  It is priced in the $110-$125 range and can be obtained at most computer stores or discount warehouse stores (like Sam's or Costco).  You DO NOT need to be a student with an ID or show proof of being an employed educator to purchase this edition.  It also can be legally installed on 3 computers running in a home environment.  It is an excellent savings and purchase for anyone needing Microsoft Office. 

If you are an employed eductor or college student, you can purchase Publisher as an add-on for a discounted price from various websites (campustech.com is excellent), but you will need to show proof of your employment or your student ID.  Of course, most college students at large universities can get Microsoft products dirt-cheap.

Bottom line:  the Student/Teacher edition is an excellent value, especially since it can be installed on 3 computers legally.

11.9K Posts

September 19th, 2004 01:00

@joe_mcguire wrote:
I am not sure exactly what you mean when you refer to download and upload of documents you apparently have already saved in WordPerfect. In any event to get Word and Excel yu want to get Office. You can check the descriptions at Microsoft.com but I expect you would want the basic product (Office includes a collection of programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook). You might be elegible for the Student/Education edition., which is probably the cheapest way. Larger versions include more software, such as PowerPoint and Access and cost more. Prices are pretty steep at Microsoft and you canprobably get the software much cheaper by searching on the web. Dell may sell it to you, too. Obviously you want a legal copy.

The Student/Teacher requires no eligibility check and includes PowerPoint as stated by the other poster.

No Events found!