Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2010 13:00

PC activity monitoring software

It's not clear this is the best place to post this, but it's about software I'm looking at for my lattitude and Inspiron home PCs.  I'm using some trial software that a friend recommended and am getting ready to purchase it. 

My kids are getting older and spending alot of time on the the PC - online most of it.  We have rules and we talk about what they are getting into, but the web is a wide open space with no limits, and they are getting curiious, pretty bold...

So I'm using this software called Family Cyber Alert - it logs all that they are doing on the PC.  It seems pretty easy to use, pretty straight-forward, and at first use seems to give me a better handle on what they are getting into, "where" they are going, etc., so maybe I can better steer them away from trouble.

My question is whether anyone else is familiar with this software (or this type software) and has any experience to share or feedback to offer.  For example, logging everything the way it does, does that create any greater risk for someone hacking my personal information somehow?

Thx...

• 

16.9K Posts

September 1st, 2010 12:00

Tomi Sam28,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

I have read some good reveiws on the Family Cyber Alert software. You can click below to view the top PC monitoring software with reviews.

PC Monitoring Software

• 

16.9K Posts

September 1st, 2010 12:00

Tomi Sam28,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

I have read some good reviews on the Family Cyber Alert software. Here is a list of reviews of other softaware to check out.

PC Activity Monitoring Software

1 Message

May 10th, 2011 16:00

Monitoring your children PC is very beneficial, to keep track what they are doing and where they are going when they use the internet. Somehow, monitoring software can alert parents like you, about the activities of your children online. Like Family Cyber Alert. It has watchful eye on the PC monitor and internet activities. Here are some of its features:
Email Recording
Chat/Instant Messenger Recording
Website Recording
Application Recording
File Access Recording
Keystroke Recording 
Screen Snapshot Recording
Time & Sequence Recording
Automatic Email Alert
Email/Chat/IM Blocking
Website Blocking and Danger Alert
Game/Application Danger Alert and Blocking
Automatic Keyword Detection and Danger Alert
Intelligent Reporting
All the functions work simultaneously, saving the data to a hidden location. 
Works with Windows 7 and Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista

Other than Family Cyber Alert software you may also want to check the Webwatcher and StaffCop, these are the good example of screen monitoring software. These two have a thorough set of monitoring features including: keystroke logging, email monitoring and web site monitoring.

No Events found!