Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 28th, 2004 16:00

Fonts changing in Word

I typed a document in word using the Script font and saved it.  When I opened it again the font had changed.  I tried to change the font and now it is not listed on my fonts list.  I checked my computer and the font is still loaded.  What's going on?

1.7K Posts

September 29th, 2004 22:00

What was the name of the font you used? Was it just "Script" or something else? When you checked the font, did you do so in Control Panel?

Message Edited by abach on 09-29-2004 07:08 PM

3 Posts

September 30th, 2004 13:00

I initally used Script 12.  When I looked throught the control panel.  I had a .ttf file for Script, but nothing comes up on my fonts list in Word.

4.4K Posts

October 1st, 2004 23:00

If it is called script 12 and is a .ttf, I don't think it came with Windows or office (at least I don't have it, I do have script.fon and script MT bold (scriptbl.ttf). The .fon ones don't show in Word.

So if you know where you got it from and can find it, you could try first removing it from the fonts folder, then importing a fresh copy back in; that might help if for some reason the copy in the fonts folder has got corrupted.

Or you can get it from

http://www.free-fonts.com/cgi-bin1/fsearch.pl?search=script+12

but I think it costs a few$.

3 Posts

October 2nd, 2004 21:00

I was pretty sure it was Script 12.  Either way, it came with MS Office because I have never added fonts from any other source.  I really need to figure out what is going on because my document is 73 pages long and part of it has already been sent to the printers.  How do you reinstall fonts that came with Office?

4.4K Posts

October 2nd, 2004 22:00

No, unless you mean the one I mentioned, Script MT bold, scriptbl.ttf. You could try that one.

Script.fon is a Windows font, but it is not a true type font and does not show in Office apps (Word, Excel, etc)

To see the list of fonts supplied with MS software, see

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx

Office XP is not listed but is the same as Office 2000 or 2003, I think.

I don't think MS has a script 12 true type font.

Do you have any other software installed that might have added fonts?

No Events found!