Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 18th, 2017 12:00

Dell System Detect Application / Detect Product

The program runs and finds the service codes and express tag, but that is all.  It does not find the current configuration, provide a suggested driver list, or run any of the diagnostics.  There are no error messages or suggested web or browser settings that I have found.  I waited 15 minutes for it to provide suggested drivers.

When I try and run a test, the page hangs on 1.Download System Detect.  It was already download and is running.  That is how it found the service tag, and then took to directly to the diagnostics page.  It knows it is running.

The computer is out of warranty, but I have not known this to be a limit using the Dell System Detect Application.  Is the current configuration, suggested driver list, and diagnostics only available to in warranty systems?

Otherwise what are some possible issues?

PS I did try technical chat support, and got an "I can't help you, out of warranty answer."  All I wanted to know was whether the application only worked for systems that are in warranty (which I did not think was the case)  I get not offering any troubleshooting or technical support, but they should know what the limitations of the application are, or at least say they don't know, or at worst be able to communicate properly that the application only 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 19th, 2017 09:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community.

To answer your question, Dell system detect works on warranty and in-warranty systems. We request you to uninstall the application completely and install the same. Please keep us updated.

2 Posts

May 19th, 2017 12:00

If I understand you correctly a better phrased answer would be, "Dell System Detect only works on systems that are in warranty.  It will not work on systems that are out of warranty."  This is much more clear

Please confirm, deny, and / or clarify the quoted statement above.

If my quoted statement is confirmed, then uninstalling and re-installing will have the SAME RESULT, IT WILL NOT WORK, because I stated that the computer is out of warranty.  Including the phrase about uninstalling and reinstalling serves no purpose, is confusing, and makes your consumer only do more unnecessary work.  BTW I did uninstall it and install it a couple of times.

No Events found!