Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

June 20th, 2012 09:00

Dell Digital Delivery Services Crashes

I reloaded a Latitude e5420 with Win7 pro 32 bit. It came with Win7 Pro 64 bit. I then reinstalled the Dell Digital Delivery (DDD) software so I could download my purchased Adobe software. After installed DDD, the service will not stay running.

This is all EventViewer gives me - The Dell Digital Delivery Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 3 time(s).

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

June 21st, 2012 15:00

Hi  Chris_blair,

Welcome to the Dell Community.

It definitely seems be to annoying when some applications don’t work properly on our computer. But I’ll make sure that just few simple steps would resolve the issue. As you said that after reinstalling the OS you installed the Dell Digital Delivery and it says that it’s not responding, well what we can do is we would have uninstall and reinstall the program in order to make it work.

Uninstall and Reinstall the Dell Digital Delivery Program..:
--To uninstall a program downloaded by Dell Digital Delivery, go to Start and Control Panel and choose Programs and Features.
--Find the program you wish to remove on the list and select it. Follow the computer's instructions to remove the program.
-- To reinstall a program purchased through Dell Digital Delivery, after removing the program go to Start, All Programs, Dell, and select Dell Digital Delivery.
-- The program will allow you to download any purchased programs not currently installed on the computer by clicking Reinstall.
-- You must be connected to the internet to reinstall programs.

Get a Program Key if Needed for Reinstall..:
-- In the Dell Digital Delivery application window, View Key is displayed at the right of the listing for the program.
-- If View Key is not displayed for the specific application, the application does not require a license key.

How Can You Reinstall the Entire Dell Digital Delivery Program?
-- First, confirm that the Dell Digital Delivery application is not installed. From the Windows Start menu, click All Programs then Dell.
-- If Dell Digital Delivery is displayed, select it to launch the application.
-- If the Dell Digital Delivery application is not installed on your computer, and you need it to reinstall other software you purchased, it can be downloaded and installed from the Dell Support Website.
-- Click Drivers and Downloads then enter your computer's service tag to find the Dell Digital Delivery application.
-- Your service tag is printed on a sticker attached to the outside of your computer, typically on the bottom or rear side.

NOTE: You may encounter a couple of problems please refer to the solutions given below..:

--"Dell Digital Delivery has not been able to connect to the internet. Please make sure you are connected and try again."
Solution:
Close the Dell Digital Delivery application, launch Internet Explorer and attempt to navigate to any website. If you are successful, start the Dell Digital Delivery application again. If you were unable to navigate to a website, click Start, Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center, and select "Set up a new connection or network." Follow the instructions and once you are connected to the internet, start the Dell Digital Delivery application again.
If you need more assistance in resetting your internet connection, go to the Dell Wireless Center for information on both wired and wireless home networking.

--"Dell Digital Delivery has not been able to connect to the internet. Please make sure you are connected and try again." Even though you are connected to internet.
Solution:
This message occurs infrequently when the Dell Digital Delivery application is manually launched before the computer has been restarted for the second time and no digitally fulfilled software was purchased with the computer. If you did not purchase additional software with your computer or the software you purchased has already been installed and can be used, there's no need to take any further action. Close the Dell Digital Delivery application. After you have restarted the application, it will correctly indicate that your software is up to date or retrieve and install any purchases.

Hope these steps would resolve the issue. Please do post back the results after performing the troubleshooting steps.
Would be glad to assist you further if you are still facing anymore problems.

Thank You

28 Posts

June 25th, 2012 06:00

I ended up using the chat support. We uninstalled and then installed a earlier version. Which did not work until we set the Dell DIgital Delivery servce to manual instead of automatic.

No Events found!