Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

February 2nd, 2008 02:00

Printing Problem with PrintMaster Platinum 18

I recently bought a Dell Computer with Vista OS.  Because of Vista, my old printer would not work with the new computer.  I bought a Dell 968 AIO printer.  I installed my American Greetings CreataCard package on the new computer.  The cards I created looked good on the screen, but when they printed, they were not aligned correctly on the card stock.  So I went out and bought a new card package - PrintMaster Platinum 18.  The cards look good on the screen, but they still do not print correctly on the card stock (Avery 3297 Half-Fold Greeting Cards).  Does anyone have a solution to this problem.  I spoke with a Dell rep.  He said it is not a printer problem.  Because I bought the greeting card software at Wal-Mart, Broderbund does not support their product.  Not sure where to go from here.  No one seems interested in helping me solve this problem.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 2nd, 2008 06:00

I have a 964 and mine works ok with it, I'm using XP home. Try this and see if it helps.

How are you connected to the printer? wired of wireless?

If wired, disconnect your printer. Go to start/programs/Dell printers and un-install your printer.

Restart your computer.

Now go to drivers and downloads/select product/printers/select your printer.

Install your printer. You'll be prompted when to connect it.

If wireless, fix your network first.

Update the firmware in your wireless router. Manufacturer's website, make & Model needed.

Broadcast SSID(You may want to change this to make it easier to connect)

Use WPA security

After router is done, now setup your wireless print server/printer.

If wireless printer server is used, Plug USB cable into computer and print server. Insert the print server disk. Choose Network, then choose print server and follow the instructions.

Now setup the printer.

Now go to drivers and downloads/select product/printers/select your printer.

Install your printer. Choose Network. Install the drivers.

Everything should now work.

No Events found!