Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 5th, 2006 14:00

Dell 3100cn laser printer - issues with ink and carbonless paper

I have two issues with my Dell 3100cn laser printer.

The first is that a series of 4 dots appear on every page being printed, regardless of whether there is color or not.

The second is when we use Carbonless paper. Ink seems to 'bleed through' and leave a faint water mark on the subsequent copies. I am using Appleton Carbonless NCR paper, and I'm not certain what settings, if any, I should be trying to work with.

Thank you for your help.

EDIT: 3100, not 3000

Message Edited by lawlep on 09-05-200610:25 AM

22 Posts

September 7th, 2006 14:00

Hi lawlep,

The issue that you are having with the 4 dots this is a quality issue this might be cause fue to a defective part on the printer and this cant be fix unless you call Dell Support and they send a technician to replace the defective part this is not a known issue but this could happen in like any other printer casually and the carbonless NCR paper that your using ive never heard of it but if is a paper that has the same material as a photo paper or it looks like a photo paper, laser printers doesnt support this type of paper because the toner is made of plastic dust and the photo paper was designed to absorb ink which is liquid. Hope this clear your doubts.

21 Posts

September 12th, 2006 23:00

lawlep, I just finished researching this very problem as I have ordered a 5110cn. I was told by Appleton to use Appleton Xero/Form II carbonless paper. Don't know if it will solve your problem but Appleton said that the standard NCR paper would have problems in a laser printer.
No Events found!