Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 24th, 2014 06:00

C1765NFW, CD lost, how do I get Paper Port for my user?

Hi,

i got that printer back from a user but without the CD. Now i need to install Paper Port for a new user but download is not provided by Dell. How can i get a new CD ?

thank you very much,

regards

1 Rookie

• 

253 Posts

July 24th, 2014 08:00

Hello Steffen,

To clarify the licensing agreement  that I am speaking of is between Dell and Nunace, we do not keep records of individual licenses assigned to each customer, at least not something that is in an immediate database for access. The agreement specifies that we can only offer you(the purchaser) one copy of the software which is done thru the CD provided. After that we we are not able to offer it again, nor do have replacement CDs to offer for any model printer.

Regards,
Joseph E

#iworkfordell

3 Posts

Hi Joseph,

thanks for clarification on this. It's not your personal fault but this is poor service by Dell /Nunace. Things break or get lost and it's not a big deal to have the license number noted on a document or registered in a system. But i thank you personally for your time and effort.

regards,

Steffen

1 Rookie

• 

253 Posts

Hello SSEIBEL,

Thank you for posting. In regards to your concern, Dell does not have the ability to provide replacement CDs other than when you order a new system. We do provide the software that normally ships with the unit available for download on our support site but this will not include PaperPort. The reason for this is that it is a licensed software and under the agreement with Nuance, only one copy is able to provided which is done thru the CD you receive. 

You can still utilize the drivers to interact with other applications such as Adobe Acrobat or Windows Fax/Scan manager.

Regards,

Joseph E

[tag:iworkfordell]

3 Posts

Thank you Joseph,

i understand the point but if it's a licensed software, i'd expect Dell being able to check the license number assigned to the po of the Dell product and to reorder a CD or advise on the number for the customer to reorder ?

thanks,

Steffen

1 Message

October 13th, 2014 22:00

I have a Sony Duo AIO Duo 13SVD1322 and Windows 8.1. This machine  does not have an optical drive and does not accept an external drive reliably (reads some tracks, ignores other - Sony have not come up with a fix yet). Consequently, I am unable to load software from a CD. Can I get PaperPort onto a USB stick or SD card to load it?

1 Message

September 28th, 2015 20:00

Hello I am the original owner and have lost my CD. <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

1 Rookie

• 

253 Posts

October 1st, 2015 10:00

Hello Rhyanmalik,

We do not offer replacement CD's but you can find the relevant software for your system on the link below. It does not include any licensed software such as Paperport though.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=TVDHG&fileId=3099500394&osCode=W764&productCode=dell-c1765nfw&languageCode=EN&categoryId=AP

1 Message

August 25th, 2018 04:00

I too have misplaced PP-CD:2.  Making very frustrating to utilize my scanner

Further I am a long-term Business Managing Owner.  I feel a responsibility to be a problem solver in or to keep customers happy.  It seems this should be an easy, better fix than, " Sorry, your your just S.O.L. -best  regards ".

I would request again please, to revisit this issue with the decision makers.  Also,  please let them know that the risk is to no-longer buy from Dell ; losing customers to microSoft, because that'  exactly my next course of action.

Happy Customers = Happy share-holders.

Best regards;

Eric L. Nichols;

Dell Customer, Kansas City MO,

No Events found!