Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2006 03:00

720 printer ink cartridges

I just got a 720 printer secondhand and the ink is running low. I was curious if there is another way either than mail order to get the ink cartridges, or if there is another company that makes compatible ones.

1.4K Posts

January 9th, 2006 00:00

Dell is the only maker of ink carts made to fit Dell printers and they only sell by e-mail or phone.

10 Posts

January 9th, 2006 02:00

thanks, but actually in searching I found remanufatured/compatible cartridges at staples and officedepot. I know they aren't official, but if I can run to a store and get a set of cartridges instead of ordering and waiting I'm all for it. I know it's not recommended to use anything other but dell inks, but I don't think it's fair to only offer them via mail order.

1.4K Posts

January 9th, 2006 02:00

Those are refilled used Dell ink carts. They cost almost as much as Dell. When I went there to get one they said they didn't keep Dell ink carts in stock so I would have to wait 1 week until they could get me one. A couple of people on this forum said they got them. One said it wouldn't fit his printer. when he removed their label he discovered it was a Lexmark cart. so he returned it. The other person said his worked but not very well (it looked like draft mode). But give it a try and see what you think.

10 Posts

January 9th, 2006 03:00

I am fuly aware of what they are. but like I said, if the only other way to get ink is by mail order , then I'd rather risk buying the recycled ones. either that or get rid of this printer, since I paid nothing for it, and get a new one that has ink available in a real store.

I think it's ridiculous for mail order to be the only way to get the ink. that puts the customer at the mercy of the company and the delivery company. just say I have an emergency that I need the ink that very day. for most other priters it would be just a matter of going to a store and picking it up rather than waiting for almost a week, if you don't want to pay shipping, or paying almost $10 in shipping for a next day delivery.

but whatever. I rant. thanks for your help anyway. no need to respond any more to this thread. I'm done with it.

No Events found!