Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

2 Posts

January 22nd, 2020 21:00

Can we Use HPE LTO-7 Ultrium 15TB Data Cartridge into DELL Tape Library TL-2000?

Hello,

I am inserting HPE LTO-7 Ultrium 15TB cartridge into Dell tape library TL-2000. Its detecting barcode of the cartridge but not the storage. Tape Library already contains the Dell cartridge LTO7 of 6TB which is got filled by Veritas Backup Exec software. So i am putting HP LTO7 15TB into library's magazine. so i have the question that can Dell Library TL-2000 support the HP Data Cartridge? if does than what i have to do to show that storage in the Veritas backup Exec software?

• 

7K Posts

January 23rd, 2020 09:00

Hello Wasi021,

Does your HPE media have any data on it currently, or is it brand new?  As long as your taped drive is an LTO7 drive it should ready any LTO7 media.  When was the last time that you cleaned your tape drive?  What is the current version of firmware of your drive?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

2 Posts

January 23rd, 2020 23:00

HPE data cartridge is brand new and it has no data. Currently installed firmware version of library is E.70 / 3.20e and drive identity firmware revision is H9E3.

Library already contains Dell LTO7 Data cartridge which is about to be full. And we have not inserted cleaning cartridge till now although it is warning about cleaning required.

• 

631 Posts

January 24th, 2020 09:00

Hello Wasi021,

What I would do is to clean the drive 2 times then try to insert the media in to the drive.  I have seen where if a drive is really dirty that it will not accept any media until it has been cleaned a couple of times.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!